Take a look at this votive I rec'd at a craft show!

SDM

I just had to take a picture and show everyone! I went to a craft show this weekend, and I'm shopping around and I come to a candle booth. The guy hands me this votive. The booth was very busy, and it seemed like they were doing well. Well, I decided today I'd burn the votive to see what it was like. I'm lucky I didn't burn my house down! This was only burning for like 15 minutes at the most! The picture doesn't do it justice. The flame is every bit of 3 inches high. I can't believe people sell stuff like this. I wouldn't even give away something like this, let alone sell it! What's your thoughts on what this votive looks like?

post-2369-139458413879_thumb.jpg

post-2369-139458413886_thumb.jpg

At the local fair this year there was a candle maker selling candles. A woman with a business in town bought a jar candle. She burned it in the bathroom to get rid of a smell and in 30 min blackend a freshly painted wall above the candle. It was out of control flame like that votive, smoking like heck. I heard from friends that sold at the fair that several people were returning candles and demanding their money back. It does not pay to put out an inferior product!! I doubt if they will ever be able to sell much in this town again.