breast cancer candles

dwarfie

hi everyone. i got permission from the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation to use the pink ribbon to make my candles. i am selling them for $12 (probably will raise that to $15 tho) and i am donating $5 from each candle for breast cancer research. one of my co-workers does stained glass and she is also making ribbons. i just wanted to show you my candles and our table at a craft fair a few weeks ago.

post-2508-139458413316_thumb.jpg

post-2508-13945841332_thumb.jpg

post-2508-139458413322_thumb.jpg

Very nice. They should sell well. I've been working on a breast cancer candle for several months in a tureen. So far, I haven't gotten completely satisfied with the wicking after what seems like a zillion test burns.

Good luck with this! I got the dreaded call from the hospital last week telling me to come back for another look.

thanks everyone.

i am currently working with (or hoping to anyway) with an organization that helps families deal with all kinds of cancer. i am making a few samples to show and hopefully they will want to help me sell. I again want to sell for $12 or $15 and donate $5 per candle. i'm doing rustics in the colours that represent each type of cancer. just gotta figure out a way to put their logo on (this was requested by them).

another idea is to make a candle for one of the children's hospitals here to raise money to help the sick kids. i just need an idea for an easy candle.