Everlasting melts!

Wow I feel like I'm on a question role today!

I make my melts usings palm wax from MC. Everytime I try to test burn one it seems to last FOREVER! I burn it for days and days and days and they FO gets weaker but the wax never evaporates! I usually end up tossing the liquid jsut to try another, and the same thing happens. I emailed with Kathleen, she is very nice, and and she told me she makes hers with 1/2 soy and 1/2 palm. Since I use 444 she said that would be fine. So I made a batch and I'm not happy with it. In my clamshells they are getting wetspots and frosting, and in the tart molds they are cracking and are extremely soft. I don't know how the throw or burn will be but I alreay know I don't like the mix. Does anyone else use palm for tarts? What can I do for the wax to burn out as well? Sorry for the rant! ~TY

I have never had my wax evaporate. It will last forever in my melters. I either throw it out or just ad fo to the wax to add more scent. I even sell just fo by the ounce for them to add more scent so they do not have to keep cleaning out the wax all the time.

Hmm... I never used melts before I started making them, so I'm not familiar with how they're suppose to be! :o So the wax never goes away and you do have to just toss it? Thank you, I though I had some kind of supernatural wax! I like your idea of selling the FO's by the oz.

Just remember melts or tarts do not burn. The fragrance comes from the fo evaporating and the wax remains in the bowl. Don't feel bad, I have had customers call me and say their tarts and warmer were not working because there was still wax left after 2 months. Carole

• 6 months later...
Hmm... I never used melts before I started making them, so I'm not familiar with how they're suppose to be! :o So the wax never goes away and you do have to just toss it? Thank you, I though I had some kind of supernatural wax! I like your idea of selling the FO's by the oz.

Once my scent is gone, i just let it cool & pop warmer in the freezer. Let the wax get hard & it slides right out of the warmer. Toss it in some wax I melting or just toss in the trash...Pop in another tart & start all over!

And adding oil to an old tart is an invitation to fire. The wax can only hold so much oil. The fragrance burns off but the oil carrier is still in the wax. Adding FO can cause it to pool in the wax and is a fire hazard.

I don't believe you can't add more when the scent fades. Were talking tarts not candles. In an oil burner that all you use and it doesn't burst into flames. I say don't add extra but once cause the wax/soy wax is like cooking oil and you don't want it too cooked starts to smell funky after awhile. Everyone has their own facts and they all seem to be different....:confused:

I sell refresher oil & tell my customers they can add up to 1/4 oz more FO before they need to change the wax and start with a fresh wax melt. I have tested this for many years without a problem. I also tell the customer if you add more than this it could be a fire hazzard. This for electric potpourri pots & oil burners NOT the tealight burners.

Wow I feel like I'm on a question role today!

I make my melts usings palm wax from MC. Everytime I try to test burn one it seems to last FOREVER! I burn it for days and days and days and they FO gets weaker but the wax never evaporates! I usually end up tossing the liquid jsut to try another, and the same thing happens. I emailed with Kathleen, she is very nice, and and she told me she makes hers with 1/2 soy and 1/2 palm. Since I use 444 she said that would be fine. So I made a batch and I'm not happy with it. In my clamshells they are getting wetspots and frosting, and in the tart molds they are cracking and are extremely soft. I don't know how the throw or burn will be but I alreay know I don't like the mix. Does anyone else use palm for tarts? What can I do for the wax to burn out as well? Sorry for the rant! ~TY

Hi I use 100% soy in my tarts and they allways evaporate in my burner. You may want to try that. Regina

I want some of this magical evaporating wax for my tarts toooooo :laugh2:

I have yet to have a tart evaporate, even after forgetting about it in my electric tart burner for 2 weeks (This post made me remember it so I just put it in the freezer to pop the wax out) :embarasse

This is just my experance:

I can't say that this is normal but....

I've had paraffin tarts/melts completly burn off...

I make soy tarts and they do not burn off...

I had only used the paraffin tarts before and was wondering why the soy ones were still lingering.

Go figure! :confused: