Wooden Wicks

As far as I know you can't buy them. There are a few companies that do the wooden wick candles, but for the wicks themself.. it is their secret.

A new site that sells them actually advertises with me and she did fill me in on the wood wicks they make/sell. I have one of her candles that I just did a review on and I love it!!

I am sure it won't be long and somebody will sell the stuff to do them.. LOL! Seems when something is new..everyone wants a piece of it.. LOL

Not even a month - how bout just a couple of weeks....lmao! Damn you can sure tell who does searches or reads the back posts!

Oh Lawd Crowded, I just read the post of 10/9! I thought you were just talking about the question being asked so frequently! ....Dug your memory must be very elusive!

So dug, here is the scoop - when you are looking for something in particular, i.e. wooden wicks, if you just type that in the search function you will find many responses....perhaps save you time waiting. :rockon: Or maybe you should just keep asking and one month you may get a different answer!

Edited because I had a brain fart....and didn't read!

• 1 month later...

I saw container candles with wooden wicks on my jaunt to Door County this fall. They were demonstrated to me and I couldn't believe how much they smoked. Of course, the wick is wood! The person selling these candles said, "they're easy to use - just wipe out the inside of the jar with Windex after every use and the soot will wash right off."

I thought they were a great idea at first, but not anymore.

I finally saw my first wooden wick candle in action after reading so many posts about them. I was in a new shop, and the owner seemed very excited about carrying them. They are very attractive candles, but I sure was surprised when I saw the tunnel. I remarked about the way it was burning, but the owner seemed to think that a candle burning straight down the middle was ok. Go figure.

I did some research and found out that if you want to use wood wicks you have to contact Old Virginia Candle and they have to give you permission to use them and if they grant it, they will tell you who to contact. They have the direct patent on them.

I did find out what kind of wood is used. They are popsickle sticks. BUT, they are of course specially treated. The other thing I found out is that there are only approximately 3 wax in the WORLD that will burn properly with them.

Old Virginia doesn't use their regular wax for it.

HTH