One heck of a day

Ok I've had the worst day TRYING to make canes today. First off I made two pic embed canes, went to pull them from the molds and they both stuck, and they stuck well!!!! Had just cleaned them and forgot to use mold release. Took forever fighting to get them out. Finally did and cleaned them up again and repoured one. This time my mold sealer fell off one of the wick holes (using a 3 wick mold) and the wax flowed right out. Got that mess cleaned up, cleaned the mold up again, put new moldsealer on that spot, checked the other to, and thought they were secure, and poured again. Well I was wrong, one of the other spots wasn't secure and it happened again. Well I thought I'd stick it in the water bath and try to save it. Well at some point water must have gotten into the mold, cus when I poured the melted wax back into the pot, which I did slowly in case of water and had no problem til the last bit, the pot went nuts. My presto started popping and big bubbles, thought it was going to explode. So I unplugged it and left it til tonight. Thinking I'd let the wax solidify and the water would be at the bottom. Well I turned my presto back on saw the wax slide down so thought I'd remove the wax in one big chunk (I had left to sticks in it to make handles when it was still liquid) Well the sticks broke, so I turned it upside down on a cookie sheet to catch what little wax had melted. But little did I know the center had not solidified yet and wax overfilled my cookie sheet, ran all over and off of my counter, down the cabinet doors and on to the floor, splashed onto my countertop appliences and me! I cleaned everything back up and threw in the towel. This has been on heck of a day. :mad: :mad:

Guest amynleebishop

You sound like you need to take a swim in the river of whiskey, beer and wine that was talked about in the off topic discussion. I am sorry for your luck,:cry2: hope today is better for you!:grin2:

Thanks for understanding all. I honestly was at the point of tears at a couple of points that day. The following day I decided not to touch the 3 wick and have been just using my other mold, which is a single wick. I have a magnet on it and though not perfect, it's working pretty well. Leaks a bit on my tray but once I put it into the water bath all is fine. This slows down production, but on the other hand I wasted a whole day fighting to use the second mold, so maybe it doesn't. So things are much better now.:D