How to make Hurricane candles

Hello everyone

I want to try to make a Hurricane Candle. I think these are so pretty and would really like to master how these are make. I read the instructions in the general info section. My question is can you use any type of pillar wax to make these? In the instructions IGI-1554 was used, I have some M 38 and CBL 141 that I got as samples. I was wondering are either of these good to try to make hurricanes? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

clc404

Cheryl C

Neither of those waxes would be suitable. Like it mentions in the instructions, you need a high melt point wax so that the hurricane will stay solid with another candle burning inside of it. For that you need an MP of at least 150 but I would go higher.

The specific wax mentioned in the instructions is no longer available, but IGI 1260 would work fine. If you buy from Candlewic, their 5055 or 5560 would be good too.

Neither of those waxes would be suitable. Like it mentions in the instructions, you need a high melt point wax so that the hurricane will stay solid with another candle burning inside of it. For that you need an MP of at least 150 but I would go higher.

Gotta agree with top ;)

Thanks for the replies. I was also wondering I did a search and some of the post said hurricane wax. Is this the same wax as the IGI 1260 or 5055 and 5560? Or something different. I want to try to get from a supplier close to Columbus, Ohio. The one supplier I went to told me to use M 38. I'll have to let them know you need a hotter MP. Thanks

clc404

Cheryl C