Turk And Surf Baby!

I thought I would start a new thread since good information was getting lost in the last thread. Here is what I have learned with my new Turk n Surf indoor turkey fryer. First of all.. anyone want my ol' presto pot!! I love this new Turk n Surf.. I was able to melt a total of 40 pounds of wax. I started with the recommended 8 pounds of melted wax to cover the heating element. I was able to melt the remaining 32 pounds to 200 degrees (about 195 or so) in about 30 minutes. I was able to pour 4 times the amount of candles compared to my presto pot in the same amount of time. The wax melted perfectly! I am sure that people are wondering if this is safe.. I found no problems as far as safety is concerned.. as with anything.. we should all keep a fire extinguisher nearby no matter what kind of melter we use.. (okay.. off my firefighter soapbox) You will love this melter.. I was impatient and went ahead and paid $104 out the door, free shipping from www.popeilfamilystore.com Mine came with a digital temp diplay which is the bomb! Any questions.. don't hesitate to ask.. or just give this baby a try.. it really is that much easier than a presto pot if you are pouring larger batches, but don't need a big huge water jacket melter.. hth!

Teri

I bought mine last year and I would not be without it. It is great. Mine does not have the temp thing on it either but I still love it. You can really pour alot more candles at one time then to have to wait for wax to melt in between all the time. I can not say enough good about this pot. It is awesome.

Guest amynleebishop

Do you pour into individual pots to mix colors and scents? And is it the constant heat that keeps the valve from getting clogged?

My husband will kill me if I buy anything else candle related because he knows I wont be cooking a turkey this early! LOL.:P

Top, they are very easy to clean. Lift out the coils, electric heater, the aluminum pot then comes out. Clean it out, and put back together. I always save one pour pot (3# of wax) to put back in and cover coils. Then fill back up. Come on & try one, I know you will love it. Carole

Love of tarts, I keep a long thermometer in one of the vent holes in the cover. That way I always know the exact temp.

My problem would be where to put it. On a counter top? or would that be too high and diffcult to fill. How high is the spout off the table, can a pitcher get under it? or do you have to have it raised. Or is it on the floor? please send some pictures. Or describe how you have yours set up. This sounds like something I need.