Cargill Soy Wax Question

i use c-3 and so far i love it you have to pour this hot around 170 to 180 . i also do repours for the tops and they come out great. if you get little cracks on the top blast them with a heat gun and your done. good luck. i also found a local supplier so i dont have to pay shipping.:yay:

There's a lot of C-3 users on here. I occasionally do a search for it to see if there is something I haven't tried to do for it. It takes some figuring out to see how to get it to work for you. But once you do, it's worth it. Of course, then it does something new... :) I think it's got good hot and cold throw; there are only a few scents I have to use extra FO for.

Maliki

Does pouring at 170-180 help with minimizing frost? And what temp do you add you FO at? I usually add FO around 175-185 and pour around 145-155 but am having a wicked time trying to minimize frosting in some of my colors, lavender is the worst for me. And I am always worried about add FO at too high of a temp

TIA

Sandy~WI

Maliki

Does pouring at 170-180 help with minimizing frost? And what temp do you add you FO at? I usually add FO around 175-185 and pour around 145-155 but am having a wicked time trying to minimize frosting in some of my colors, lavender is the worst for me. And I am always worried about add FO at too high of a temp

TIA

Sandy~WI

You should pour immediatly after you add your FO. I never get frosting after initial set up. it usualy does come later on after the second or third burn or if they have been stored for a while.

But I always notice if I pour too cool and if they dry to fast, they always frost. Also only use 8 drops of liquid dye per pund of wax.

i add the fo and stir really good and then pour right away didnt have a problem with frost yet but do sometimes get hair line cracks, i just blast it with my heat gun and they are good to go. like carrie said i just get some frost after 2 or 3rd burn. i get really good throw with this wax and im happy with it. good luck.

Well, I ended up purchasing some EZ-Soy instead because there is a shipper in my state, which helps with shipping costs. I was actually very happy with my first soy candle using the EZ-Soy. The top was a little 'bumpy' but nothing that you shouldn't expect from a soy candle. I could purchase a heat gun to even it out but I like the bumpy look personally, that's how you know its the good stuff! :)

There is one problem now though, I now suffer from NMS&SS. Need More Soy and Scents Syndrome!!

~~Kelly~~

I Am Using C-3 And My Jars Are 3.0 Inches, And 4.25 Inches. I Am Not Getting A Very Good Melt Pool. They Seem To Be Burning Right Down The Middle. I Am Using Ec0-10 And Eco 14 On The Larger Ones. Any Suggestions...need Help Asap.:D
You'll probably need the ECO 14 for the 3 inch jar. The other one will require two small wicks.

Wicking the 3 inch jar with an Echo 14, a CD 22, or an LX 28 should produce a good MP. The four inch jar should burn well with two Echo 6 or 8 wicks, two Lx 20 or 22, or two cotton like the 51-32-18c.

Shrinkage is minimal pouring at 155 and the tops are very smooth and creamy. Haven't needed a heat gun since I started pouring at this lower temperature.

Good luck

Ron

I actually tried the eco-12 in the 3.0 jars and it seems to be ok, why am I having to wick up so much? Would you suggest the 14?
ECO 14 was my best estimate based on testing the wax but if ECO 12 works to your satisfaction, that's fine. Test each scent because they may vary. Try Ron's suggestions for double wicking the 4" container. Maybe try the same scent and see how you do with ECO 6.

I've been trying this new wax for about 2months now and cannot seem to find a perfect wick. I do like the scent throw, but I don't like the frosting that I get in the inside of the candle after you have burned it several times. Does anyone know what this is? My 2nd question, I am trying to wick a square jar 12oz, about 3.5" wide, I've tried ecos and they do seem to do well but I'm am getting ferocious, sink holes. any suggestions? My other delima is I have an 8 oz tin, 3.0 " and I cannot find a wick for that either. I've tried eco 10,12, 14, cdn, rrd's and htp's. It also seems to discolor the tin. Any suggestions?

thanks