Foil Packets - Impulse Sealer

bravo5

I got some foil sample packets from KB and am going to play around with filling and sealing them tomorrow. I did a search on here and got some great ideas I'm going to try for filling them. The only posts I found on sealing them were for using things other than an impulse sealer. I recently got an impulse sealer so want to use that- I'm just wondering what setting / how long to use it.

Thanks much!

I took the advice from this board and skipped purchasing an impulse sealer. I just sealed over 80 packages using an iron and not one leaked and it takes seconds. Wish I could help with the impulse sealer just thought you might want to know in case you ever need it.:D

i set my impulse sealer to 2 for foil packets. HTH

I got some foil sample packets from KB and am going to play around with filling and sealing them tomorrow. I did a search on here and got some great ideas I'm going to try for filling them. The only posts I found on sealing them were for using things other than an impulse sealer. I recently got an impulse sealer so want to use that- I'm just wondering what setting / how long to use it.

Thanks much!

i set my impulse sealer to 2 for foil packets. HTH

Great, I'll try that. How long did you seal them for?

I had already gotten an impulse sealer for other uses so I'm going to use that- but it's good to know about the iron/etc in case the impulse sealer isn't working!

FYI To get a proper seal with an impulse sealer...

Press arm down to seal, watch for light to go out, then keep holding pressure for 2 seconds after the light goes out. If you release the arm to soon or right as the light goes out, you may get an improper seal that might leak.

i do as Candle Man stated. After I remove the packet from the impulse sealer I always check to make sure it is sealed properly.

Great, I'll try that. How long did you seal them for?

I had already gotten an impulse sealer for other uses so I'm going to use that- but it's good to know about the iron/etc in case the impulse sealer isn't working!