How come other post offices

Lorrie

are so nice? I swear the people that work at my post office (at my house) want me to jump throught hoops just to get my packages picked up. So I have been driving 25 miles to another post office and doing all my shipping. I have been doing this for almost a year. A couple of weeks ago they had to change their lobby hours so now I can't get to the post office when they are open. So I called today to see if I could have them pick up my packages from my office (it is in this post offices route). They said yes, and they are bending over backwards to make me happy!!

And who said all post offices were bad...LOL

My postman has a hissy fit any time I want him to carry anything larger than an envelope, so I rarely do pick ups with him and instead drive to the PO. Dude doesn't even want to walk up to the door with my packages. He'll tie them onto my mailbox.

I would be complaining about that, they get paid extra for pick ups. I had it out with my post office, luckily there is another smaller po about 5 mins from here. When I talked to my post office they were very nice to me , but I had just had it, and asked them kindly to not send me anymore emails or literature about picking up mail if I wasn't going to get good service. Now the other post office that I go to is wonderful.

I retired from the PO after 31 years as a mid-level manager. Sara, your postal carrier is required to deliver your packages to your door, not hang them on the mail box. Go to your post office and ask for Consumer Service Cards. Ask for a handful. Everytime your carrier does something you think is wrong (and it probably is) fill out one of the cards and send it to the Postmaster General in DC, not to your locak Postmaster. The card is tracked and must be answered by your local Postmaster. Too many cards for a local area triggers someone making a visit to find out why. Your Postmaster WILL correct your carrier. BTW, carriers are required to pick up parcels unless they cannot physically carry them or they are too heavy and a few more ifs.

Every afternoon it's a parade of neighbors exchanging mail here. The carrier even knows half of us from high school. Lots of times we don't get any mail on a Friday or Saturday, and then get a huge load a couple of days later. I have complained at the main office, but nothing has changed.

One neighbor has been really upset because of a tuition bill that wasn't delivered. The person who got later found it in what he thought was a stack of "junk" mail that he was going through. We call our mailman "Newman."

My postman has a hissy fit any time I want him to carry anything larger than an envelope, so I rarely do pick ups with him and instead drive to the PO. Dude doesn't even want to walk up to the door with my packages. He'll tie them onto my mailbox.

Do you have a dog? I was just thinking ... :lipsrseal

Again, from years of experience, to get good mail service you must complain loudly - and not to your local carrier or the local postmaster. The Post Office operates on the squeaky wheel principle.There are thousands of excellent postal workers who care and try to do the best they can for us, but the opposite is true. Call your local postmaster once if a problem occurs and never again. All subsequent problems fill out the Consumer Service Card; get stacks of them. For a faster approach ask for the name and phone number of the postmaster's boss and work your way up the ladder. Trust me. It is the only way to correct your problems.

Well gals, feel lucky......at my post office the wicked witch works there. (a.k.a. my ex-husbands wife) Even if she wasn't my ex's wife, I still couldn't stand her. But I have to laugh because the other day I was in there picking up the mail for the office and the girl at the front desk was holding a fly swatter trying to swat a fly. The funny thing about that was she was calling .."Here Sherry....Here Sherry"...then she looked at me and said all the flies around there were named Sherry ... I just laughed because Sherry is my ex's wife.

~Susan

I love my carriers. I hardly ever call for a pickup unless there are lots of them. I just leave the boxes at my side door and poof they are gone. These are walkers so sometimes they deliver the mail and come back for the boxes. You just can't beat that.

Janet

Hey Janet - Mine told me she doesn't get paid extra to pick up boxes I leave if I don't request a pickup. You can request 1 to be picked up, and even if you send 10, she then has the paperwork to change it so she can be paid accordingly. :D

Well gals, feel lucky......at my post office the wicked witch works there. (a.k.a. my ex-husbands wife) Even if she wasn't my ex's wife, I still couldn't stand her. But I have to laugh because the other day I was in there picking up the mail for the office and the girl at the front desk was holding a fly swatter trying to swat a fly. The funny thing about that was she was calling .."Here Sherry....Here Sherry"...then she looked at me and said all the flies around there were named Sherry ... I just laughed because Sherry is my ex's wife.

~Susan

Oh my, now that's funny. So I would think that you aren't the only one that has a problem with her. LOL

My lady stuffs packages in the mailbox that really don't fit or she throws them to the front door....so when I see that, I really don't want her picking up my packages, because those will just be thrown as well. I have sent those comment cards several times...nothing has changed. I am starting to use them less and less.

We live back in (1/2 mile from the main road), so I have my packages left at my neighbor's house. She is elderly, so when I get a package, I try to stop and visit her. I have had trouble with UPS in the past. We bought a new computer and they left it in the middle of our driveway!!! Also, they left me a box of fo's at the front door, well, the dog got a hold of it and i had to throw away 2-3 1 oz bottles. They also don't always bring my packages to me house, although they have been pretty good about it lately. They either take it up to the neighbors house or up to my inlaws. I hate having to travel for my packages!

Steph

From an insider, let me tell you about the packages. I do it and haven't got paid exta. THe last one had a huge dog when I got there. We can't take a chance on getting dog bit.There is also a lot of paperwork involved on pickups. We are also on a time schedule and are always in a rush. Also if it will go in the box we put it in there. The postal service people have a lot of responsibility. Also on Fridays and Saturdays, lots of people get very little or no mail. Mondays is our worst day. Almost everybody gets mail. THe mail volume is two days mail on Mondays and if it is a holiday on Monday, there is three days mail on Tuesday.

I retired from the PO after 31 years as a mid-level manager. Sara, your postal carrier is required to deliver your packages to your door, not hang them on the mail box. Go to your post office and ask for Consumer Service Cards. Ask for a handful. Everytime your carrier does something you think is wrong (and it probably is) fill out one of the cards and send it to the Postmaster General in DC...

I appreciate the tip David. Thank you. We've had to replace our mailbox due to him propping packages with rubber bands.