Wax "pulls" away from jars when cool

I have been having a problem with when my wax cools it looks like it kind of pulls away from the jar in some spots.:( It doesn't happen with all the candles that I pour but a lot of them. And it can be the same batch where one will not have it at all and another one will have spots all over. I use EZ soy wax flakes. Any suggestions on how to keep it from doing this? Or is that just something that is going to happen? Thanks ladies!!

Jewel

Those are wet spots and most of us have trouble with them from time to time. I find that warming my jars prior to pouring helps and making sure you're pouring your EZ soy cool (slushy) can help too. And sometimes it seems like nothing helps....

You guys will probably think I'm nuts, but here's how I beat the wet spot monster. I have tried heating my containers, and I have tried to learn to "embrace them"..."it's the nature of soy"...but...

I found if I wrap a terrycloth hand towel from my bathroom around my candle and let it sit for 2 days...I have NO WET SPOTS EVER!:yay:

Of course I am broke now from buying towels, and have no extra money for more new FO'S! :(

And what happens when you take the candles into different temperatures? Outside, in an air conditioned store, in a warm house? I would think you are gonna see the spots.....And if you don't, then you are one of a very few that don't get wet spots. They are no big deal......most of us just ignore them.

You might also consider wrapping your containers with an old thick sock...just cut out the toe and put around the container before pouring. I usually heat the container with the heat gun right before I pour...and then put in a styrofoam cooler...I almost never have wet spots...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im new here, just a quick question about a similar problem... (and what smart tart said too :undecided )

when you've wrapped the candles and they are made with no wetspots at all, do the wetspots reappear if the candles get are left in a cold place after they are set?

Hi, im new here, just a quick question about a similar problem... (and what smart tart said too :undecided )

when you've wrapped the candles and they are made with no wetspots at all, do the wetspots reappear if the candles get are left in a cold place after they are set?

Yup. They sure do.