Ups....

HeavenScentU

I don't know if it is just my area, but UPS is charging a fuel surcharge of $4.55 this past week. WHOA!!!!:shocked2: I am afraid to see what they are going to charge next week. Why are the rates sooooo high!!!!! Aren't gas prices lower????No one can answer that the people that work at the store just say they don't know... I even compared the shipping charges to USPS and they are about the same. I am not very happy, now I am going to have to adjust my shipping rates...

Fed Ex charges it as well but always has....it seems to be a percentage though...For instance a 14.22 shipment, the fuel surchage was .58...You do the math though..lol...I just know Fed Ex is waaaay cheaper the UPS...and I've never ever had a shipping problem with them....

I have an account with both UPS and Fed Ex and found that Fed Ex is cheaper but if you have them come to your house to pick up they charge an additional $11.00. So you need to take it to a fed ex drop off (I found out the hard way on the additional $11.00 had to eat that shipping charge :angry2: ) HTH

UPS is getting rid of all the better drivers who make good money and have brains and hiring kids and others who make half as much and that is why the service will get even worse.;)

Agree! I'm waiting for one driver to wreck!! I see him fly by here everyday...I hate for him to pull in my drive way...when I know he's coming...I keep the kids and animals inside...I have warned him once....next time I am calling on him!!!

I live on a private road. One of my neighbors is an insurance adjustor with an office in his home and UPS delivers all of his "paperwork" daily. Whatever driver is on that day also delivers my supplies. Guess we both pay out the butt for delivery. But like Jen T said, you better hide your kids and pets when he drives up our 15MPH road. You can't see the big brown truck for dust. UPS has been called MANY times about the problem and the drivers slow down for a few days and then they are back to 45MPH. Since we are on a private mountain road the little kids walking from the bus stop THINK they are safe. Not with these idiots driving. And about a year ago the drivers would deliver my supplies on my front porch. Now boxes can be found sitting around the side of the house, in front of my garage and 1/2 way down the driveway. And they are getting paid................for ???

FYI:

I placed 2 orders last Sunday.

One for 2 Fo's from JS, via UPS to CA.

I got them yesterday and shipping was ten bucks.

I also placed an order through CandleScience the same day, via UPS; shipping 13 bucks, and I ordered glass containers, and 50 dollars worth of stuff.

I will get this shipment Monday.