question for melt and pour soapers

comfortscents

Just wondering...I melt my base in the microwave..do you use a seperate microwave like I do to melt soap base and another microwave to cook food? I was told the chemicals in the base could be harmful so I use an extra microwave that I put in my workroom so I keep the base out of the one in the kitchen...any thoughts on this? Anyone heard that it could be harmful?

I use the same microwave for food as I do for my mp.

I look at it this way: if I can wash my body with it, then I don't mind heating it in my microwave.

even if they proved it harmful....ten years from now they would say the opposite and then back again

I too use my kitchen microwave. I have never heard/read anywhere that it is dangerous, including from my suppliers. If you can use the bowls for cooking again afterwards then I am not fussed about the inside of the microwave....(rushing off to clean my microwave incase)

I use the same one for food/M&P. DH gave me one for Christmas last year for the workroom which I luved BUT I couldn't see through the door to tell when the base was melted so it didn't boil :sad2: so back to the store it went unfortunately, I liked the idea of not walking far to melt it.

I used the double boiler method last night for some soap petals and I LUVED it. I've done M&P for awhile and have never used this method... BOY was I missing out, it made making petals enjoyable.

I used to use my microwave for food/soap

I sanitizes in between uses....

now I have the soap melter pot that I brought from Micheal's

it was 20 bucks and I used my 40% coupon so it came to like 12.00

and I love this pot...keep it on warm to keep soap at low temp

and put it on melt and it melts the soap quickly...but never NEVER turn your back on this pot...cause one time I forgot bout it and turned around and saw a huge eruption of soap mess....needless to say the area got sparkly clean :D

Dani

I also bought a soap melter from Michael's with a 40% off coupon, doesnt' your soap turn off white after you have it warming? That's why I stop using mine..

not at all....why would that happen. hmmm

but then again....i make all my soap brown and grubby...primitives...soo

i prolly never noticed.

then i use it to melt my clear soap and then i also color it dark as for my soap crayons and lollipop soaps.

Dani