Modifier -veggie? Any ideas what is in it?

Enchanted Lites makes a modifier that was for use in there orginal wax. I believe it is the exact same thing that Rustic Essential(Aroma Haven?)sells. It helps with frosting and I thought it also helped with coloring. Only info. given in the discriptions is that it is "all veggie." Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

I use the one from Candle Soylutions which works awesome with CB-3 Calsoy -- creates beautiful tops. It is called a veggie modifier, but I don't know what is it it either. The one from ADM (Panalite) must be different from the one I use because when I tested the ADM and tried my veggie modifier I got really bad tops but then when I used the Panalite (ADM's additive they recommend) I got much better tops with the ADM but not as pretty as the Calsoy CB-3. Altough, I have not tested it enough to get the tops right.

Thanks for the replies!

Top,

Would you have any ideas on why it helps with the frosting? If the modifier is a binder(binding water and oil...)how does this help with the frosting? If used at the correct amounts I definitely saw an improvement with the modifier vs. just the regular wax. Also, it seemed to help with scent throw. Is there any reason the modifier would improve throw?

From a chemical perspective I don't know how it does its thing, but the issue with frosting and smooth tops is how the wax crystallizes as it cools. When you add one of these monoglyceride additives it acts as a crystal modifier and gives you somewhat better intial results. I suppose it makes smaller, more uniform crystals. It also raises the MP of the wax and improves fragrance retention. I don't know how it's supposed to affect scent throw.

Soy wax formulation resembles making baking products. 100% soy is often straight flaked vegetable shortening and could be used for making cookies. For Crisco on the supermarket shelves they want a soft smooth consistency instead, so they use a lower MP shortening combined with cottonseed oil and veggie modifier to make "soy blend" shortening. Same ingredients as the waxes.