Joy wax

I'd like to hear from anyone using Nature's Garden Joy Wax.

I'm particularly interested in how clean it burns, and it's ability to have intense colors.

My candles are known for the variety of colors we use, and their intensity, but I'm having trouble with J-50 wax lately. Something is different. I'm getting soot I never got in the past, and in some batches, the wax is crackling in the pot like french fry oil when you add the french fries. My test burns are sooting heavily, which I've never had before.

Anyway I'd like any info anyone has on the on the Joy wax.

Thanks for the help.

Fredron

I use Joy for all my containers and love it. Since it has a large % of soy wax in it, you are not going to get the intense/vibriant colors you are getting with the J50. You will get a more "creamy" looking color with Joy. I don't have the soot problem with Joy, unless I'm using a wick that is too big or burn them in a major draft area. I've used Joy for about 5 years now and have tried other waxes and continue to stick with the Joy. I started out using J50 and hated the wetspots. I don't get these with the Joy.

As far as your wax crackling, it sounds like you have some water in your wax to me. I would start by melting some of it, letting it cool completely and take it out of your melting pot and inspect it to see. That's the only time that I've had my wax crackle while melting. Sorry I couldn't help you more. Portia

I am new but i first tried Joy wax. It seemed to burn clean. The color i tried seemed to do nice in it. I did not try real dark colors.

Now i am trying the J50 and i am having trouble with mine on the top Not looking very even (color wise). Wonder if there was just a bad batch. I have asked for suggestions. But have not recieved any. I did not have this problem when using the Joy Wax. I wanted to try J50 because it seemed alot of people on here used it. Good luck to You. Nik:D

I use this wax for all of my container candles and absolutely love it! I know that it is a matter of personal preference on waxes but for me this is my wax of choice for containers. I have bright colors with my candles and very little to no soot. I make both 8 oz jelly and masons using a 51-32-18z wick in them and they do just fine. Clean burn, very little wax left over if any...usually only what is left at the bottom of the container when it is time to discard the candle. I buy my dye ships locally from a place here and they work great for me. I have tried other waxes and like I said, this one has been the best I have tried so far and I have continued to use it for the past 3 years without any problems.

For those of you using the Joy Wax, are you using Liquid or solid colors? I've used liquid since day one & like it. Seems like it might be difficult to accurately measure the dye chips each time, and I like the richness of the colors I get with the dyes.

As far as water in my J-50 wax, if it's there, it came in it from the factory.

I open the box, cut the slab & melt it. I'm thinking there might be a defect in the formulation at the factory, perhaps not fully mixing the batch or something. I never had the crackling, until recently.

I contacted IGI about it, but got no response.

I'm going to try some Joy Wax, just to satisfy my curiosity, but I tried Soy in a variety of blends, and hated it, so I'm not holding out much hope for it.

Fredron

Hi. I haven't posted before (been a lurker) but I have used Joy Wax for about 5 years. I use it in all my containers and it's wonderful. The color will not be as vibrant, but I have gotten a darker color using liquid dye. It makes a very pretty candle.