Anyone use wilton colorant for bubbling bath bombs?

asheebeans

I thought that Wilton colors had sugar in them and sugar was a NO-NO in the tub because of yeasties.

Yep, I saw that after I bought them. Thank goodness I used the 40% off coupon.....it makes it a little (40% to be precise) less painful that I just wasted $$$. Screw it, I'm investing in colored foils!! :angry2: I may have the most boring bombs in town, but they will be in pretty shiny foils! LOL :D

Ok, I just read Robins post and it prompted me to actually look at the ingredient list on mine... can you say duhhh? Lol.. silly me. It does in fact have sugar after all. In fact.. I compared it to the other one that does not say 'no taste' and it has the exact same ingredients except for the fdc colors. Sooo... if sugar is bad... I guess ya can't, lol. Now I know. :cool2:

So I am a bit confused on this because a lot of us make sugar scrubs which obviously contain sugar so is there something I am missing here? Thanks.

Yeah i'm confused on this also.

From what i've...... that these colors are good for making bombs. I have tried them and they seem to be just fine. I am new to making bombs so I really don't know.

Any help from the pros would be great.

Do you use sugar scrubs on your girly bits? ;)

The difference is that sugar in the tub can encourage yeast growth and lead to an infection.

oooooh, I get it now. I'm a little slow but I eventually get it.

So my next questions then is......... what are you suppose to use for color? I have used these colors and the la bomba colors from bramble berry. They both seem to work great but I can pick up the wilton colors from Michaels and with bramble berry I have to order (which takes longer and cost more).

What does everyone use for color that won't stain?

What is a girl to do? :confused: :undecided :embarasse

the amount of colorant that you use has got to introduce only the tiniest bit of sugar into the water. I would think taking a bath with cookie dough under your fingernails would be worse.

And while I don't scrub my bits (OMG, NOT A CHANCE), I do use sugar scrubs in the tub into which I do immerse them...

not saying I haven't just been lucky - just mho

Girly Bits, like that... Also don't use anything with Peppermint EO on your girly bits.

I would agree about the tiny amount and then a tub full of water. When making icing you dip a toothpick in the gel color and just a touch will give such a nice pastel color. With bath salts I would think they wouldn't need much either.

Mbrown: You can get body safe colors from Michael's. Look where they sell their soaping stuff. They will be in little things like food colors.

Yes it is a tiny bit of sugar, but I would be careful about using it. I tend to err on the side of caution.

Sharon: Glad you like 'girly bits' That is hubby's phrase because he can't use words like 'vagina' when refering to our daughter. :rolleyes2