Wood Wick Candle--Not Impressed

Tara

Well..... so they can't even offer you anything for your crappy candle? No refund, replacement, coupon.. nothing.

Like I said before.. I know I will never be buying one of their candles! Good grief...that is alot of money for something that doesn't even burn!

Can ya at least dig out the wax for your melter or put the thing on a jar warmer to enjoy it some?

No, they didn't offer me anything except burning instructions which if they had read my email they would have read that I burned it beyond their recommended 4 hours. I could dig out the wax and use it for my burner but I think I will just return it just because I don't feel like I should have to do that.

Yep lesson learned: Stick with either my candles or other handmade ones. Nothing beats that. That's for sure. And I hoping I can return it. Someone here, I think Christina or Grumpy Girl said Cracker Barrel should take it back.

I hope that you can get your money back. I really don't think they will return it though. If it was not burned and they could resell it then yes, but if the manufacture is not even going to offer you the consumer a coupon then I would not hold my breath on cracker barral getting reimburst from V C for the defective candle. That is the excuse they will most likely give you. :(

This reminds me of when I was at CVS and I smell some pretty great container candles from afar.

Well, I examined them good and found that:

- the wicks were not centered at all

- there were some lighter and darker spots like circles ...viewed from the side of the jar.

Now, I am a noob and my testers have these same spots, but I am not selling them either!

Yes that's what it looks like, an automated reply for complaints. I would call them this time and complain about the candle AND their crappy email response. They otta read the 'How important is Business Integrity' thread too!! Wow ten days?? They probably didn't want to get around to responding your email until long as possible.

Okay...how sad is it when you have to have a "canned" email for people who complain about your candles. That is all that is...just plug and send.

Hi everyone........I'm new here and wanted to say that I had an Old Virginia wood wick (same company as WoodWick, I believe) 11. 5 oz and it burned horribly. Then, someone gave me a different scent in the 11.5 oz. (scent Tuberose) and it burned wonderfully! I kind of like the crackling sound but agree that they are overpriced.

Also, does anybody know what the wick is made of? Hope it's not toxic!

Thanks,

Deb

• 7 years later...

I have a question for you all about a problem a friend has had with Woodwick Candles. She had used this candle before without any problems. But one time, as she was in the bathtub, the candle started to burn like a roman candle. She got out of bathtub and wanted to move the candle to kitchen sink as the bathroom sink was too shallow for the size of the flames. As she was walking carefully to kitchen, the candle "erupted" and shot off flames with debris covering her arm. She doesn't think it was wax as there was no wax residue. She claims there was no wind, draft etc that influenced the candle to act the way it did. Have any of you experienced problems like this?

I tried wood wicks during my year long testing and was severely unimpressed. Some of the people I had testing for me actually loathed the noise they make; they kept thinking something bad was happening. The wood wicks are/were too expensive imo and I gave up testing them after about 20-25 candles.