tart melt

Hey, Everyone

Hey what do you think of the mold tart that you can just leave the tarts in, where as a person can just break and melt tart. This plastic mold remind me of bake and break cookies. I thought it was neat. Its a great way to design a lable for this little carton.:grin2:

Are you speaking of the clamshell tart molds?

Not a fan myself. I think they look cheesy. However, this is just my opinion.

They are much easier than pouring traditional tarts and the packaging them.

It all depends on the type of customers you have.

There are MANY people on this board that absolutely adore clamshells.

I am sure they will chime in and give you their thoughts on them.

I'm with you Mystical...I don't really dig the clam shells either. I'm thinking, and I could be wrong, that people might not buy them at the price you have to sell them for. Isn't it something like $2.50 - $3.00 for one of those? I sell individual tarts (1 oz ea) for $1 each and I have customers buying between $30-40 worth at a time because I offer a very large selection of scents and they're only a buck each...a price most people wouldn't balk at...albeit they are my sisters and are tart freaks like me but...I've got a non-family member who buys a dozen at a time from me. If my tarts were in clam shells, I don't think I'd make too many sales. I'd be interested to hear from those who sell the clam shells and how well they do with them.

No i was referring to the tarts that looks like ice cubes, they are contained in a plastic mold, which look like (sorta) ice tray. I just find it easy to just open and break off what you need and close the tray. Saves time and not having to use plastic baggies. I will look around for a picture of it and post it.

No i was referring to the tarts that looks like ice cubes, they are contained in a plastic mold, which look like (sorta) ice tray. I just find it easy to just open and break off what you need and close the tray. Saves time and not having to use plastic baggies. I will look around for a picture of it and post it.

Those plastic ice cube tray looking containers are called clamshells ;)

RXCMAS: Yes, that's what I'm talking about. It's not that I don't like how they look...it's that I like to change fragrances often and so do others I know. If I, as a customer, bought the break away clamshells...I'd have to buy many of those at $2.50-3.00 each and that would limit the number of scents I would buy because I just wouldn't be able to justify the cost of them in my mind and I doubt my customers would want to spend that kind of money either. It's all a matter of $$$$, nothing more.

I sell clamshells and I encourage people who like burning tart to buy them because they can mix scents together to create their own scent. They can take a cube of one scent, say Chocolate Browie, and add a cube of Coconut and the new scent is born! I sell mine for $3.00 each or four for $10.00 The clamshell does hold about three onces of wax so it does come out to be about the same.

Many people don't care for them but in my area, I'm the only one carrying them and I give a sheet of mixing scent ideas to each customer. They love that!

And when they want to smell them fully, they just open the lid and sniff.

I personally like them alot but I understand and respect those who do not.

And what is funny, Mystical is the one who got me thinking about these!:laugh2:

Thanks to this fine lady, I bought 200 in a co-op. ... Just reordered 600 in another co-op. Hope to have them for my big show at the end of this month. But if I don't, I don't. 'sok!:wink2:

And what is funny, Mystical is the one who got me thinking about these!:laugh2:

Thanks to this fine lady, I bought 200 in a co-op. ... Just reordered 600 in another co-op. Hope to have them for my big show at the end of this month. But if I don't, I don't. 'sok!:wink2:

LMAO! :D

Amy, what is ironic about the whole clamshell thing is my customers were not getting the whole concept. Perhaps they are resistant to change. I found it to be a cost effective method for offering tarts. But, I really wasn't gaga over them to begin with because I knew I would have to spend time to actually pitch these things and educate consumers on what their purpose was. Plus I really don't care for the looks of them. But I gave them a whirl anyhow.

I started out by giving them as freebies to my loyal customers. However~ they really like the traditional tarts better so I sold all my clamshells.

Glad to hear they are selling well for you my dear. :cheesy2:

Hope you make some grand sales!