Wood Wicks???

Anyone ever seen these or know anything about these? I was watching QVC with my hubby a week or two ago and Old Virginia I think it is uses them and they are really neat! They crackle just like a fire. I have a gift shop right down the street that only sells Y***** candles and he is advertising wood wicks as well but I didn't know that Y***** made candles with those wicks.

Well here I thought that this was a brand new concept. I will have to go and search then ... thanks!

Searching first is always a good thing. There is rarely anything new under the sun. You should already know that.

There Is Nothing New Under The Sun

(Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

I got one from Old Virginia. I had to put the candle close so I could hear the crackling. When I put it on my mantle across the room I couldn't hear it.

It also has to be close so you can smell it. It's an 11.5 oz jar with a wide top-- I expected it to fill the room with fragrance but it doesn't. This was after 4 hours of burning. Twice.

I was a bit disappointed. I thought it was okay for a first try but I wouldn't buy one again. Unless they improve it. Needs a much better hot throw and a stronger crackle sound.