holiday fragrances..anything but bakery

chiptooth

Ugh! I did a 2 day show over the weekend and sold 6 x my booth fee ( was only $30.00 for 10x10 space for the 2 days ) Anyway...I would've sold a lot more if I had some variety. I surveyed my candle layout and realized I had poured my favorites (all bakery except for verbena lemongrass) Any ides for great (non-bakery) fragrances for the upcoming holidays? I use soy was from Bluegrass and like millcreeks oils. I also surveyed my fragrance cupboard and realized...it's mostly all baker as well. What was I thinking!

I don't make candles, just bath & body stuff, but I think you might want to add a few fresh & clean scents - fresh linen, clean cotton, then maybe some a rain scent, china rain or ocean rain. I still enjoy fruity ones in the fall and winter, something tropical. I'm assuming you probably have the usual cinnamon, vanilla, coffee, along with your bakery. Pomegrantate or red currant are also a couple nice ones for fall that aren't bakery type. Of course a good apple is always a fave too.

just a few ideas....;)

christmas splender from NG is da bomb!!! plus it definately all year round and change it to Country splender.

snowdrift berries from Fragrance oil heaven is very good!!!!

mistletoes kisses from Fragrance oil heaven is DA BOMB.. i love this oil!

these are what I can think of that's not food related. :)

hope you find what you're looking for.

Dani

since you order from millcreek you gotta try the

sweet orange & chili pepper- sweet orange with a subtle warm note, cold throw so far is very strong

pomegranate citrus- love it

cookies for santa- just got yesterday, in wax it is great

christmas eve- smells like it has strawberry in it.

chrsitmas splendor- smells like pine & orange to me

gingerbread cookies- i mix spicy gingerbread & gourmet sugar cookies huge seller.

harvest spice, pumpkin spice, orange clove, chestnut & brown sugar, northern red currant.

ics-candlesupply.us

vanilla frosted grahams- i know it bakery but this is a huge seller.

sugared spruce

claire burke xmas memory

Clean cotton and plumeria do well. Other non-bakery scents you could use are McIntosh apple, blackberry sage. My customers also like indian summer and fruit/floral combos. I just poured some tea FOs for my next show and they smell great-- nice change from all the bakery scents. But I am loving christmas cabin, christmas tree, and peppermint candy or candy cane FOs.