These r new to me- Help?

I know alot of you have seen this subject before but after a LOT of research i can't quite get any specific answers to my questions and was hoping you could help with any advice?

I've been reading about melts, never seen them near where i live and so i thought i'd give them ago as they don't seem too difficult. But i'm kinda wondering if i can make them using straight parrafin wax . I also wondered how you get them to last so long? I've read where people have got theres to last up to 40hrs!!!! What would i add to get it to last this long? I thought maybe microcrystalline wax? Any advice would be great whilst i continue searching.....

I also wondered if i could burn them in an oil burner just like simmering granuals?

Sorry to sound so naive and being a pain but i honestly have only seen them on the net!

Thanks in advance i no you r always so great!:rolleyes2

You add vybar to them to get them to throw a good scent-that's what I did to mine and they smell great and have lasted a good while. You could propbably melt them in that thing but most people melt them on a tart melter and they use a tealight candle underneath to heat it. Goodluck!

OK, I’m quite the noob, too (but I've been an avid lurker and reader for 6 months now! and I slept at a Holiday Inn last night!;) ), but, someone please correct me if I’m wrong…Isn’t microcrystalline wax added to raise the MP of your wax? And the release of fragrance comes from the melt pool, right? So, if you raise the MP of your tart wax, it's possible your tart melter might not reach a high enough temp to fully melt your tart, depending on the type you use, and, therefore, your hot throw would be diminished. Is my reasoning correct? Hopefully, someone with more experience and knowledge will jump in here.

I usually use a votive blended wax for my tarts. I really dont think they would last for 40 hours, thats a long time. Mine usually keep there smell for a while. Tarts are pretty small, so you could probally get maybe 10 to 12 hours out of one. Also depends on how much FO you use. You burn them in a tart burner, with a unscented tealight. Good luck, they are the easiest thing you can make. I love making them.