Turning It Around--Candle-Making Supplies Abducted for Food Production!!

We have an office-wide break twice a week, and yesterday was my day to supply the food. I had a new dip recipe that was served warm, and you were supposed to melt mozzarella cheese on the top before serving. We don't have an oven available and it was in a 9x13 dish, too large for the office-sized microwaves. So, in an unusual flash of brilliance, I brought my heat gun to work with me and used it to melt the cheese! (Got a few strange looks, but it worked.)

Jane

Wow, my candle making part of the kitchen can finally become one with the food making part of my kitchen. I got my griddle for warming molds, leveling pillars and making pancakes, and my heat gun for smoothing out candle tops, making grilled cheese and dips. :yay:

Love it!

Sure, Snapdragon! I don't like the way the recipe is written because I like to have all the ingredients listed first, but haven't had time to redo it--this is straight from my e-mail!! (And sure enough, it did look horrible--I wanted to serve it layered, but it looked too bad. Before I mixed it all together, though, I took paper towels and blotted up most of the greasy mess!) By the way, I didn't put my cheese on top because I had to bake it at home a couple of hours before serving and didn't want the cheese to get rubbery; thus the heat gun trick!

Let us know how you like it!

Hot Wing Dip

Cook a whole chicken and remove meat or cook a couple of large chicken breasts.

In an 11 x 13 dish, sprayed with PAM, spread 2 blocks of softened cream cheeses in the bottom of the dish. Pour a 16 oz. (I use more if I have it) jar of Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing over cream cheese. (Buy the refrigerated dressing like Marzetti's usually found in the produce section.) Place chicken on top of cream cheese/salad dressing. Pour a bottle of Hooter’s Wing Sauce over the chicken. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes. Serve with Tostitos. OR Amy has just started mixing it all together because she says there is some grease in the Hooter's sauce that separates and looks ugly. She found out if she mixes it all together, she is able to stir in the grease that is in the Hooter's sauce

Hey Jane,

I made the hot wing dip last night.......It was awesome! We had a few

friends over and everyone loved it. Definitely spicey.........goes great

with cold beer! Didn't have to use my heat gun to melt the cheese,

but at least I know I can if I need to. Thanks again for sharing!

So glad you liked it. I figured that most people would use "Hot" wing sauce but I'm wimpy, so I used mild. And I definitely wouldn't prefer the heat gun method if I was serving this at home either!

By the way, were you able to serve it in the layered form or did it look yucky and have to be stirred up? Enquiring minds want to know!!

Jane

Hey Jane,

I layered it and then baked it. It didn't look that bad, but was a little

greasy on top, so I did mix it up before serving it. I, also, didn't put the

whole bottle of hot wing sauce...just enough to cover the top. It was

really good.......even my finicky 9 year old loved it. He was asking for

more yesterday, so you know it's a good dip! He never tries new things,

so I was shocked that he even tasted it.

Thanks again for sharing..........can't wait to make another one!

Margo

I do think this sounds like great football-game-watching food! My new granddaughter is coming home tomorrow and we want to have a little party. I think the family would love it, but don't know if I'll have time to cook a chicken tonight--may cheat and buy the canned stuff!

On the other hand, my DIL loves hot stuff and it might not be good to tempt a nursing mother with it!! Baby might not like the hot sauce.