Just got a Call

A Gentleman called and asked about the Trapp Brand candles and asked if I carried them. Sorry sir I don't I hand pour all my candles. So he asked about the Trapp brand Med. Fig .

Never heard of Trapp brand, think I need to get out more lol.

Med. Fig I have heard of but haven't poured or tested it.

google is my friend though and this is what I found

http://www.candlesoffmain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=156

trapp has great candles. i just recently had a customer who was desperately wanting the lemongrass verbena and wsp came out with it. she ws thrilled that i found it and said its perfect. she ordered a ton of stuff in it. WSP carries 3 or 4 of their dupes.

Wasn't doubting the candles was just curious so I looked them up;

Off to check WSP to see :drool: what else they have along those lines.

It was just a first for me to get a call about another Companys Candle line

But I do however get asked if my candles are soy. I say no and give them a list of websites that do carry soy candles.:wink2: And from lookin around the forum

hmm it looks like I may need to add a few to my list.

Thanks for the heads up Sandissoap

Tammy

oh believe me, I will take homemade candles any day over store bought ones, but was pleasantly surprised when I actually did smell one. Although there is a HUGE difference between smelling one in a store and burning one! I've "heard" they are extremely high quality but can't say I have personally burned one! heck I trade my bath & body stuff for other people on here's candles since thats one thing I don't do!

glad I could help...even just a bit...and I looked they don't carry the med fig...sorry....I did a search and see a lot of suppliers carry med fig but don't see any that list it as "type"

My best friend in NYC LOVES Trapp - she was the first to tell me about them. Lucky for her she can also afford to buy quite a few at a time and says she doesn't mind paying the $$ cause they smell really great. I'm glad to see I can get dupes now and will have to try them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Damsels creations,

I have the Trapp mediterrean fig candle, I loved it. Trapp candles are very strong. That's why they are expensive. I just started making candles a couple of weeks ago and one of my first fragrances I bought was Med Fig., I got it from Just By Nature. And I have to say it smells very similar to the Trapp. Haven't burned it yet but it smells great i the glass. Hope this helps.

Lexi

I started making candles because my favorites were Trapp Med. Fig and Henri Bendel Fig, I've been using KY's Med. Fig as it's really nice BUT not a true dup to Trapp, I also buy Fig Leaf from WSP for the Henri Bendel dup...again not a true dup but nice none the less. I will have to sample a few more from ya'lls list to see if it's a truer dup for Trapp's Mediterranean Fig. Glad this was posted :)