Scrubs.. jars or Malibu Tubes/ What do you prefer?

sandyrose

I believe it's more sanitary and more handy in the shower to use malibu tubes for sugar/salt scrubs.

I'm torn though because I like the look of the jars better, but I understand the ease of the tube. (my scrubs are FBB based, not oil if that matters) Hmm. Which do you prefer? Your customers?

And a question.. Do they even make 12 ounce clear malibu tubes? I can't find any.... Edited: I found 8 oz crystal clear ones at essentials of catalina but I don't like the cap colors. It's the best I found so far

I haven't done the fbb as a scrub yet. I have made tons by the basic recipe for fbb with the SAO. I used both malibu tubes and jars. Everyone that tried it, including myself, had a devil of a time using it out of the malibus. Haven't tried the soft touch, so they might work better. Do test several before you make a decision. I've switched to 8 oz jars.

I took mine off if the market because if this issue. I use a combo of demerara and Turbinado.... I wanted to add a liquid soap to it but either way I'd have to add a preservative :(.... The sugars are WAY too thick... people want them back but it's unsafe...

I took mine off if the market because if this issue. I use a combo of demerara and Turbinado.... I wanted to add a liquid soap to it but either way I'd have to add a preservative :(.... The sugars are WAY too thick... people want them back but it's unsafe...

Did you consider apricot kernels or something else that wouldn't need a preservative? Were you planning to use the LS that you make?

Some supplier should make a squezzy malibu with a larger opening specifically made for scrubs. There is obviously a market for it!

I guess I'll stick to straight jars for now. I couldn't get the product out when I tested.

I agree with your comment!

My testing of the malibu tubes yielded the same unhappy results this week. :sad2: Now it's in jars.