FO's supplier advice

Sag_77

I am from Canada and to ship FO's here is expensive, and my local supplier is obseen. I have found a supplier that doesn't seem that bad for shipping but have never heard about them. I was hopping someone has experience with them and can give me some advice. They are called GemLite, web site is www.gemlite.com and has what seems to be a good selection. Any advice on this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

Hello Fellow Canadian!

I haven't ordered from them, but I did want to let you know that I will be opening up a Peaks co-op tomorrow and it'll run for about 10 days. You can order any of peaks scents in 8oz, 1lb or 2lb sizes for 15% off the listed price, AND you only pay shipping from me to you! PM me if you're interested.

Hello Fellow Canadian!

I haven't ordered from them, but I did want to let you know that I will be opening up a Peaks co-op tomorrow and it'll run for about 10 days. You can order any of peaks scents in 8oz, 1lb or 2lb sizes for 15% off the listed price, AND you only pay shipping from me to you! PM me if you're interested.

I'm just curious...aren't you going to pay massive duties to import all that FO?

I'm from Canada too and the FO prices are astronomical. For example a local supplier is charging $25.44 (CDN) for 7oz of French Vanilla verses PEAKS in the US is $9.50 (AM) for 8 oz.

PEAKS is every bit as good. So I find that if I put in a larger order for several things to PEAKS, I save alot of money, even with the exchange and delivery.

Would love to join in on a co-op, but the cost of shipping to the west coast is also so much.

Recently, I ordered some wicks from the east because I couldn't get them here. The delivery cost was $9.50 for a tiny package.

I'm just curious...aren't you going to pay massive duties to import all that FO?

We dont actually pay duty on stuff imported from the states, just taxes. It still works out cheaper than buying it here for the most part.

Dee - if you're interested I can always give you a shipping quote then you can decide if it's too expensive!

I am from Canada and to ship FO's here is expensive, and my local supplier is obseen. I have found a supplier that doesn't seem that bad for shipping but have never heard about them. I was hopping someone has experience with them and can give me some advice. They are called GemLite, web site is www.gemlite.com and has what seems to be a good selection. Any advice on this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

Gemlite's oils are hit or miss. I've tried a few that I loved and a few that I hated..LOL I like his Cinnamon, Brandy, Clove, and Pear.

Wow, WYW has some wonderfull sounding scents and I would really love to try them but they are kind of expensive even if I do order the from BCN. But I guess if you only need to use 1/2 oz per pound of wax it comes out to less expensive than what you would pay for some of the average FO's. It also reads on the site that with WYW Top Shelf oils you only need 1/4 oz per pound. Is this how much you use Dallas_Texas_Dean?

I made group of soy container candles using many of the WYW top shelf as testers - and you really can get away with using less. IMO you can get away with 4% in soy. I really think even the regular line can be used in this amount. The only one I had to use more is the Winter Wonderland. I would buy samples first - you never know when you won't like something no matter who's it is. (i.e. I dislike anything maple - and I think I can smell that in the biscotti).