Anybody still testing 464 or 444?

I have been testing the 464 and it seems to be doing well, except for some frosting and wet spots here and there.

How have the rest of you been doing? Has anybody come up with the perfect heating and pouring temp yet, etc?

Is 444 any better?

Bob and DonnaMarie

greetings,

yes, frosting is still an issue w/the 464, unless you want to get into tempuring which is time consuming. So I mostly keep it uncolored, or very lightly colored.

I have been heating to 175, to make sure of maximum FO blending. I have also found that you CAN pour the 464 slushy if you want to and it actually looks quite good.

HTH

greetings,

yes, frosting is still an issue w/the 464, unless you want to get into tempuring which is time consuming. So I mostly keep it uncolored, or very lightly colored.

I have been heating to 175, to make sure of maximum FO blending. I have also found that you CAN pour the 464 slushy if you want to and it actually looks quite good.

HTH

Hi,

I can't recall exactly what the method of tempuring is. I remember reading about it somewhere but it did not give the specifics. What is it? Thanks.

~Holly

Hi Bob and DonnaMarie,

I use the Golden Brands Gw 444. I heat to 165 or 170 and pour at 130. I have also poured at 150. 160, 110 140 and so on. I get air pockets and sink holes but I blast them away with the heat gun. I am having great luck with the scents in the wax, good hot and cold throw. I do have frosting issues though. Sometimes it shows up fast sometimes it shows up later. I noticed that some scents dont frost while others are bad about it. I really dont get wet spots unless It gets really hot( I live in Florida) then they will weep a little bit.

This is really a great wax with a super finish despite its little quirky problems.

I have the jar, the wick, the scents and the wax down to a science now and am very happy with the way my candles finish out.

PS:

It did take a lot of mistakes to get it right though or do they

call that testing:cheesy2:

Hi,

I can't recall exactly what the method of tempuring is. I remember reading about it somewhere but it did not give the specifics. What is it? Thanks.

~Holly

Hi Holly,

Tempuring goes like this- prep as usual, wait until the wax sets up almost all the way, then heat it back up to about 115 or so, then pour.

HTH

Hi Holly,

Tempuring goes like this- prep as usual, wait until the wax sets up almost all the way, then heat it back up to about 115 or so, then pour.

HTH

Thanks. Is this what Bean Pod does? I wonder why it works? Does it work real well? If it works well, I would be willing to do it. I think I would rather do that than repours. Now if I had to do both -- not so sure. :rolleyes2 Hopefully, it would not burn off much oil when heated back up -- probably not much to make a difference. Thanks again. :)

Thanks. Is this what Bean Pod does? I wonder why it works? Does it work real well? If it works well, I would be willing to do it. I think I would rather do that than repours. Now if I had to do both -- not so sure. :rolleyes2 Hopefully, it would not burn off much oil when heated back up -- probably not much to make a difference. Thanks again. :)

My understanding is that this is what alot of the "big guys" do, 'cause they have the equipment to do it with.

I did try this a couple of times, and it seemed to work very well (w/light coloring), until my candles were subject to somewhat of a drastic temperature change, then they frosted anyway :cry2:

They also use this method for chocolate (seriously)