A few carved candles

OFCILynn

OK, these pictures are not very good at all but here are my first sea scape candles that I made two weeks ago! I know that I still have a long way to go but they sure are fun to make!!

P1010176_4.thumb.jpgP1010178_2.thumb.jpg

Ships_wheel_seascape_F.thumb.jpgShips_wheel_seascape_F_001.thumb.jpgShips_wheel_seascape_LS_001.thumb.jpgShips_wheel_seascape_RS_001.thumb.jpg

Green_Orange_flutter.jpg Here is a non sea scape one I call Flutter.

These are all my first ones of these types so bear with the imperfections!

The editing program to take out the background when I photographed it really CHOPPED the candle up some! The edges and curls are really much smoother in person! LOL Need to make a light box quickly!

All criticism welcome!

Thanks for looking!

God Bless,

Lynn

OMG~I am a seascape fanatic and you want me to give you some comments ~Well all I can say is WOW!! I LOVE them, you have done such an AMAZING JOB!!! I have been a Ceramic Instructor for the last 26 yrs and and I have done quite a lot of seascape pieces, I have recently closed by business and put it up for sale, as I have retired and am pursuing my dream of candle making and making bath & body products. Anyway one of my last pieces was a dish being held up by swimming dolphins, I can almost see that candle setting in that dish, I need to get the measurements of the bottom of that dolphin candle and check it with my dish.(It is packed in the shop ) So I can send someone to find it. I am going to have to learn to carve candles because these things are amazing.

Sue Ann

Those are nice.

Where do you get your dolphins, if you don't mind me asking? I have some, but they are just ones that I bought and ripped off of shower curtain hooks!! lmao I'm sure there has to be a better source out there, I'm just not coming up with anything!! lol

Thanks,

• 1 month later...