Votve Help Please*Update*

I have been having trouble making votive for awhile now. Sometimes when I make votive they turn out great other times not so good! Yesterday I used mp140 1tbsp of universal additive 1.5 oz of FO per pound. Poured at 185 into heated votive molds. Pulled out the votives I scented coconut and white spots was threw out the votive. Then I pulled out the ones I scented butterscotch and they had tiny pin holes everywhere. I remelted them and re poured the same way as listed above and they turned out great. Why is when I remelt and pour again they turn out great? Thanks so much for any help on this matter!

*I wish I had a digital camera I would have shown you all what they looked like before I re poured them again!

Sounds like one or two things are going on here. Either you are pouring too hot (pin holes) OR that your votive molds are not clean enough. There may be other stuff going on too, as I don't know which "140mp" wax you are using. I use 4794, and usually never have any problems.

Good luck on your next batch.

I use EcoSoya Pillar/Votive wax and pour at 140 for my votives and pillars. I pour as slow as I can. If I don't get in a hurry and sloppy, I don't have problems. Most times, I don't need a second pour either.

My molds are room temperature when I pour.

It pays to take your time in the long run.

Linda Nelson

I have been having trouble making votive for awhile now. Sometimes when I make votive they turn out great other times not so good! Yesterday I used mp140 1tbsp of universal additive 1.5 oz of FO per pound. Poured at 185 into heated votive molds. Pulled out the votives I scented coconut and white spots was threw out the votive. Then I pulled out the ones I scented butterscotch and they had tiny pin holes everywhere. I remelted them and re poured the same way as listed above and they turned out great. Why is when I remelt and pour again they turn out great? Thanks so much for any help on this matter!

*I wish I had a digital camera I would have shown you all what they looked like before I re poured them again!

have you tryed only useing 1oz fo to 1 pound????try pouring at 170 and dont heat your molds.

Ok I made some more votives today. They turned out better. But, at the very bottom of the votive about an inch its almost like it started frosting? The rest is very smooth. Now what am I doing wrong? :cry2: Maybe votives just aren't my thing? Thanks again for all the help!

Oooh nooo!!!! Don't give up on votives. Just keep making them, you will get the right combination for your votives to come out.

I went through this also. I just kept on and finally it clicked. The same with pillars.

No matter what they look like to you, I'm sure you have friends or family that can be testers for you. Give them one or two to try.

My postmaster is one of my testers. She just went gaga over some scents that I got. When I can, I have stuff shipped to the post office. We can only pick our mail up at the post office here in Mullan, ID.

Linda Nelson