Pumpkin Crunch Cake From Natures Garde

DENISE72598

I poured Pumpkin Crunch Cake (from Natures Garden) up last night in paraffin.....used 1oz per 1lb of wax and I am thinking that since there is some FO that seems to be on the side of the jar...that maybe the FO didn't mix well with the wax...HELP!! What do you do in this situation...heat the wax hotter like 185 degrees and heat the fragrance oil and stir a lot....I have never had this happen. What do you guys do with the heavy FO so that they blend? Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,

Denise

Are you sure it's FO on the side and not just some wax that decided not to adhere to the jar? IOW the dreaded "wet spot".

Generally if an FO doesn't mix easily you just mix longer. Might be good to get your wax up to 200 and let it cool while you mix the FO. Some people say heat the FO and I don't see why that would be necessary unless it's a matter of not cooling down the wax, but then again I haven't tested the theory yet.

I see this from time to time but I'm doubtful about it. Seems to me whisking will get a lot of air dissolved into hot wax, which isn't supposed to be good. Some people cook the air out before using the wax. For stirring purposes, a spoon pushes the wax around a lot better than a whisk, doesn't it?

MUST ADMIT....THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! YOU CAN SMELL EVERY LAYER OF THIS OIL (PUMPKIN, NUTMEG, CINNAMON, VANILLA, PIE CRUST, PECAN...) ....IT IS SO STRONG AND IRRESISTABLE. ALSO....THE HOT ORANGE DANISH AND RASPBERRY ZINGER ARE TO DIE FOR!!! MY GOD....MY MOUTH IS WATERING!!!__________________

DENISE :)