Cedar Soap Crates DH Made

Luci

very cute! gives me a new idea with what to do with the boxes of crates I have taking up space LOL

question though ... doesn't the cedar overpower the soap scent?? I would think the soap would also absorb the cedar smell. Not such a bad thing if you LOVE cedar, but I'm thinking I wouldn't want to wash with it and then smell like cedar.

Thanks for all the nice responses. I related these to DH when he got off work. I also asked him if he could smell the cedar, because I really can't. He says the wood has been outside curing for quite some time. I really don't understand this, because my cedar chest is at least 60 yrs. old, and I can smell cedar even after cleaning it after a tidal surge hit the house.

At any rate, the soaps are m&p and shrink wrapped. I'm just not smelling anything except the Hansel & Gretel's House candles I just poured.

I'm hoping that he will continue making these for me. Actually, he's quite handy when he wants to be--just doesn't always want to be. Right now he's trying to get a key to the house so on good behavior. Hopefully, I will also get some crate/boxes that will hold at least 2 of the 8 oz jj candles. Those candles just look so plain for gifts unless you dress them up.

Thanks again for all the compliments. I'm passing them on to him to keep him motivated and out of trouble! Also, it makes him feel involved as he is jealous of every little thing that takes my time away from him.