Packaging for Tarts

Indescent

Hi all :)

Thanks in advance to those that reply. I don't have normal sized tarts-- at first I was using the mini muffin pan, which produced a tart of about .8 oz. Then I went to the mini floater pan from Candles and Supplies which produces them at about .5 oz. Im not sure how to approach this packaging-wise. I did purchase a lot of ziploc bags, but that's starting to put wet spots on my jars (read: irritate me), if you know what I mean. What do you do for your really small tarts?

For example, I just sold a sampler pack-- a tart from each line; all in all there were eight different scents. I couldn't very well mix them together (I don't think I could have), so I put them individually in a bag and packed two bags in favor boxes (total of four). Anyone attempt to shrink wrap their little tarts?

Sorry so long..just looking for insight.

Once the old gallery is archived you could do a search for tart packaging Robin in OR did. If I remember correctly she had little tarts that she did the shrink wrap thing. Mine are 1 oz so can't help you. Also remember pictures of someone who used large jars from Wally world - one for each scent and let the customer select the unpackaged tarts.

I think Robin was using regular saran wrap in her last post about this. They looked really nice packed that way and its pretty cheap. I put mine in candy bags that I get from wal-mart/craft store in the cake/candy section. They are 3x4 inches and work well.

I use plastic wrap too. If you get Glad Wrap with the new sliding cutter bar, there is a lot less frustration with losing the roll end, or having your plastic stick together. I pull out a length of wrap, cut it, then cut in thirds with a scissors and wrap 3 melts (tarts) closed at the back. I hold the wrap closed with a warning label. On the front I put a small label (sized 1/2" x 1 3/4 - the edges have to fold over a bit, because my melts are only 1 1/2" wide) with my business name, website and scent. It seems kind of unnecessary to put a warning label on a melt, but since people use them with tea light burners, it never hurts to give one more warning about candle safety. The tart warnings also tell people to remove the packaging, and I guess if they have never used one before - they might not know that. You laugh - but my mother told me that when she first got married she didn't know how to cook at all. She bought some brown and serve rolls. She followed the directions, which said to warm them in the oven, but, she never took the plastic wrap off, because the directions didn't mention that. Needless to say, it melted all over the rolls and they were ruined.

:) I use Wal Marts brand of plastic wrap, pull out about two feet, then cut however wide I need it. After I wrap the tarts, I zap it with the heat gun. I didn't know if this certain wrap would work, but so far so good. I use MP145 for my tarts. Hope this helped.

I did mine when I sold Dozen at a time and allowed them to be 4 different scents . I wrapped them in Saran Wrap and left enough on each side to Put Ribbon on and tied them and then used Scissors and ran down the ribbonmaking it curly , and to seal the Tart I used the Scent labels ..

Looked like a piece of candy when done . People really liked it ..

• 2 years later...