Tart Mold ?

Mold release is a spray that you use sparingly on metal molds that will let the candle release easily. (Just like pam and baking a cake)

If you are waiting long enough, your tarts should release easily from these molds. You can try putting them in the freezer for 3-5 minutes and they will just fall out of the mold. HTH

Edited to add: you can find these at most anyplace that sells candlemaking molds. (ie BCN, Candles & Supplies, etc)

I don't use cooking sprays because...

1 - Most contain alcohol

2- Some contain water

Both of these ingredients should not be mix with wax.

Read the ingredients list on cooking sprays, you will find it.

The easiest and cheapest thing to use is Mineral Oil in one of those cooking pump spray bottles (oil sprayer)

Non aerosol sprayer produces a fine mist of oil. Fill the brushed stainless-steel canister half-full with oil, pump the cap to build up pressure, then spray. The head won't clog.

BTW - You can find this type of sprayer at Wal-Mart, in the kitchen gadget isle. It may be all plastic but works the same.

click pic to enlarge

post-219-13945840944_thumb.jpg

Yes, Bed, Bath and Beyond has molds which look similar to Yamkee's. They also have the same molds that BCN carries, which are the ones I prefer. I haven't ordered from CandleSource, but they appear in the photo to have a smaller base diameter than BCN's and BBB's. I originally ordered the smaller base ones from Rustic Escentuals, (which appear to be the same as CandleSource) but now use BCN's type. They are much easier to clean and release tarts easier. I use a 50/50 container/votive paraffin blend. If I have time to leave them overnite, they practically fall out of the molds. They will also release by gently tapping on a flat surface up-side-down 2 to 3 hrs. after pouring. I have never used any type of mold release on these. The edges always look nice as long as I fill them as full as possible. I would think it will depend on the type of wax you are using, how easily they release.