Weird set up on with 444

Hello,

I hope someone can explain what I have done wrong... I poured 6 cases of 12 jars today. Five cases were fine, but one case the jars were slushy in the jars for a long period of time (were not setting up) and now 5 hours later they are super rough, lots of tiny holes and some look whipped.

I heated to 180 and put my fragrance in at 175 (1.5 oz. per pp) and poured at 130 or below. Has anyone had this happen? My 415 has never did this to me. HELP! Thanks for any replys! Debi

Try pouring at 150, I've had a lot of luck with that. Are you putting something over your jars as they cool? When I did that, I ended up all slushy just like you. I found that not covering the 444 will give you nice sides, just a bumpy top, which you blast away with the heat gun. Try heating up the slushy jars with the gun, but spin the jar so you hit it evenly everywhere. It will set up suprisingly nice!-HTH

Were they all the same scent and color? I was thinking that the case that set up badly may have been a different scent and color combo than the rest and that may have caused it to set up differently. Different scents can react differently with soy wax candles. Just like they do with CP soaping. One batch of soap will mix and pour nice and smooth then another batch using the same recipe but different FO will cause the soap to seize and clump up real fast. It just depends all on the FO.

Wow, I would not think to pour hotter. The ones I pour almost slushy look great. I will try pouring at a higher temp. I was able to fix some of them, but if I use the heat gun too much, then I get seepage. I might do a second pour to fix the tops. Thank you for your reply. Debi

Hi Beach,

I use the new Golden Brands 444 also. Your going to get those annoying sink holse with this wax. You are pouring at the right temp according to Jason at Golden Brands. I have poured at many different temperatures to try and avoid those pesky holes and weird looking tops and I always get them. I was lucky the other day though and got a perfect candle!!!! Just keep the heat gun handy and dont cover them while their cooling.

All in all this is the wax I prefer the most and I even tested some others,,Shhhh!!!! dont tell my supplier I said that. Oh wait she reads these boards too.

Really though this wax has a great look to it and it has great scent throw.