Craft show results

moniek

I was in a craft show Saturday. Didnt do great, but I did sell some. Mostly candles & lip balm. But, I have to share with everyone what a guy that came in my tent told me. He was at a show that a woman that was selling soy candles told him that the reason that all the store bought candles got black was that they were made out of diesel fuel!!!!!!!!:rolleyes2 I couldnt believe what I was hearing! He actually believed it and bought one of hers....................:confused:

Glad your show went okay. Seems they like to buy the little stuff.

Interesting the things I heard about candles at my show this weekend, too. Someone would show their friend or family member one of my candles and say "these are the kind that...." Mine are soy, and I'm not sure exactly what they were saying so I couldn't correct them, but I don't want people to think my candles never soot just because they're soy. I can make them soot. :)

I was in a craft show Saturday. Didnt do great, but I did sell some. Mostly candles & lip balm. But, I have to share with everyone what a guy that came in my tent told me. He was at a show that a woman that was selling soy candles told him that the reason that all the store bought candles got black was that they were made out of diesel fuel!!!!!!!!:rolleyes2 I couldnt believe what I was hearing! He actually believed it and bought one of hers....................:confused:

Wow. It must really suck to have to resort to such ignorant tactics to sell your candles! It makes me happy though, to realize that I won't ever have to do that, and I truely hope that there aren't any folks here that use those tactics to sell. From another candle maker's stand point, it looks really bad, and I'm sure I speak for many who make soy candles, as well as those of us who don't.

What people do to make a buck....I think we as candlemakers need to educate our customers so they won't believe the quacks out their that are misleading them just to take their money. I have been to craft shows where people push soy candles for $20.00 ea. and trash the crap out of paraffin. I know these people that sell these candles are trained to sell, sell, and sell...

I have been using the same soy wax from the same supplier for over 7 years now and have yet to see any black or dark soot on my jars. Even when I do refills of the soy candles that I have sold to customers I have never seen soot. That must be why they all tell me they can't believe my candles burn so clean on top of smelling great. Must be a ancient chinese secret thing......