Wax dipped Pine cones

Pennie

I was just wondering if anyone make these the real large ones i made them last year they flew off the shelf. The supplier that i used last year is no where to be found any suggestion as to where i could order these would be great.

Thanks

Are you talking about the huge pine cones that are like about 10 inches tall? You can probably get them down south somewhere because that's where they grow. I've never tried dipping them though. You say they sell good huh? Maybe I'll have to try it. Goodluck finding them, if I see some, I'll pm you.

I use the big ones too. Those super long ones are found in East TX near LA. Perhaps you could get someone nice enough to pick you some! I would but I live in South Tx. I get mine from my In-laws house. some are twice as large as regular cones.

I love making those. I sell them as firestarters or as decoration. I don't use the huge cones cuz I sell pinecones of my own. We are in Minnesota and I have tons of them in my yard.. LOL!

I also sell the cones on Ebay in big bags. They are not the huge ones, more long and skinny. Most are about 7"long by 3" wide.

If ya want some let me know... I have tons and tons. I am getting ready to list them on Ebay soon.

Pm me or email me at tandsthomas@frontiernet.net

Guest ShellyRobyn

That sounds like a lot of work just to clean pinecones. I fill up a sink with hot, soapy water and swish them around. That's enough to get the dirt and bugs out yet don't get so soaked with water that they take forever to dry. I set them on papertowels overnight to dry. Super quick and easy.

That sounds like a lot of work just to clean pinecones. I fill up a sink with hot, soapy water and swish them around. That's enough to get the dirt and bugs out yet don't get so soaked with water that they take forever to dry. I set them on papertowels overnight to dry. Super quick and easy.

that sounds like a plan to me ;)...thanx

I have toyed around with the pinecones a few times. Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions!

About 2 years ago I went to an outdoor show where this guy was selling just wax dipped pine cones and handing out flyers that said he had a patent on them LOL! He was really obnoxious about sticking his pinecones in peoples faces too, I was going to buy one but he carried like a carnival barker and I just wanted to shove a pinecone up his nose!:bliss:

I love making those. I sell them as firestarters or as decoration. I don't use the huge cones cuz I sell pinecones of my own. We are in Minnesota and I have tons of them in my yard.. LOL!

I also sell the cones on Ebay in big bags. They are not the huge ones, more long and skinny. Most are about 7"long by 3" wide.

If ya want some let me know... I have tons and tons. I am getting ready to list them on Ebay soon.

Pm me or email me at tandsthomas@frontiernet.net

Tried to PM you just a minute ago. I was told "no" ..... :tongue2:

I will try to send you an email in a bit. :D

I was going to post about the guy selling the big pinecones with the "patent" He has been at our 4th of July festival for a few years now and I noticed last year he had a large sign hanging about the patent and he is very pushy with them...even if you are at a distance just looking he comes out of the booth with one in his hand almost shoving it in you face but he does sell a lot of them.

gramma: this is the message I am still getting. :confused:

1. grammafransfixins has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

My question.... do you have any pics of the cones you have? I went out to get some yesterday and was not at all happy with what I found. :undecided

Thanks ;)

Regarding the "Patent" guy! I wonder how long he has had the patent? Dipping pinecones has been around a long time.

Cindy, dip them until you get the thickness you desire. I don't like to take away from the look of the pine cone so I believe I only dip mine a couple times. I use the 1343 wax generally (pillar) or any pillar wax I have laying around that I don't know what to do with. I don't like a wax to hard but not to soft either as you don't want them to be sticky to the touch. I've also added glitter or spray glitter for fun and they turned out cute. HTH