Natrasorb??

ladysj

I have a couple of milk bath recipes I would like to try using this. I received my sample from a company and was wondering if there is anything that could be subbed for this. It's rather pricey!! I have Hydrovance, Dryflo and Vegi Thix also. They are all a cornstarch type poweder.

Make sure you have the correct Natrasorb, there are two different products: Soapermom is talking about NATRASORB BATH, not plain Natrasorb. They do totally different things. I use Natrasorb Bath in my milk baths and bath teas.

NATRASORB BATH starch is able to absorb and carry large quantities of oils and anhydrous liquids, such as bath oils. The starch is processed in a manner that creates unique 'pockets' that can carry the oils essentially in a solid, powder form. NATRASORB BATH is hydrophilic so that once the starch comes in contact with water, it immediately dissolves, releasing loaded oils, fragrances and/or emulsifiers, dispersing them into the warm water. The starch itself provides a soft feel to the bath water, but does not settle or leave a film.

NATRASORB: Lotion a little too greasy or unstable? All natural Natrasorb is designed to absorb the excess oil and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. Excellent base for liquid powders. Recommended use rate is 3-10% of the batch weight. Add Natrasorb to the oil phase, or "back-add" this de-greaser to an existing lotion or oil formula by sprinkling a small amount of product on the surface of the formulation and whisking to incorporate.

• 3 months later...
Check out the recipe section at Majestic Mountain Sage or Almost Heaven (I can't remember which one) as there was a good recipe using Natrasorb in a bath salt recipe.

HTH,

Beverly

Can someone give me the site info. for Almost Heaven. Can't seem to find them.