Full-time job?

charmiesonline

I do this full time. I would not be able to do this if I did not have a supportive and enthusiastic husband. I have three young kids and still wanted to make money for our household. With a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I have built a business that I am proud of. I am not The Body Shop by any stretch, but I do quite well for myself and my home. :D

I would love for this to be my full time job. Right now I have kids at home, and I'm trying to build the business so that by the time they are in school all day I'll have the candles as income~small income, but still income.

I look to everyone here for inspiration. I feel like everyday I'm taking steps to make this my full time job. But I have to be money smart or I'll spend more than I'll be able to make!:)

Give it time. For those of us on here who do candles/b&b on here, it took quite a while to get things up and running, and to watch our businesses grow. For many, it can take months, even years. I don't really know of anyone who started their candle business and watched it become an overnight success. :wink2:

I am just new here to but IMHO i think $5 for 4 tarts is a lot. Also i just dont like the country looking website. i think they all look the same. Maybe try getting new graphic to change the look and maybe look at your prices again. Just a suggestion.:undecided

I don't like the country/prim either....but lets not knock it...there is a market for it. $5 for 4 tarts is not way off. How much does yankmee charge for 1?

jentlee2....

I am on my husbands mac computer so the layout of your site comes up different....Sorry I dont have any feedback regarding your site - except if the country/prim works for you and your customers go for it! Don't worry about the pricing of the tarts unless they don't sell. I have seen candlemakers get $1.50 a tart - depends on your product/area/customers/and how you market them.

I am working on making this my mostly FT job. I help my mom out in her sewing shop (doing alterations, custom sewing, and tuxes) once or twice a week. I also have three young children, the oldest just start kindergarten, so i am trying to figure out how to work around a 3 1/2 year old and a 19 month old. I will be selling in my mom's shop, from home, and maybe a friend's salon.

I actually tried to start 2 years ago, but then got pg with #3 and just didn't have time. I am hoping to be doing decent within 2 years. My dh is supportive and wants to help, but as long as he can keep the kids busy if I need him, then that is more than enough help!

Steph

This is my PT job but I do have plans in the works to make this FT. I mostly sell my candles and incense at a local Farmer's Market and will be attending a few crat shows. It's hard down here in Florida, it seems as if most people don't really care for Handcrafted items. I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years now. Yes I'm selling more than I was before and added new items. I learn a lot from this chat room and have tried some of the ideas. I know I have a ways to go yet, but am enjoying myself. I guess that is half the battle to enjoy this while I bring in some money. I have a website, but only a few orders ever came in through it. Not sure why. If anyone would like to check out my website and let me know what you think. I would really appreaciate it.

Thanks

Cindy

www.luminasworld.com