Starting to HATE Bath Bombs!!

NancyJo

When I first started I had many batches wart, crack or fall apart and was so frustrated with the waste soooooo came up with this idea...smash them all up and mixed with sea salt and some sls (if that's the right abbrev....it's the gentler foaming/bubbling additive) packaged in clear plastic jars and tied a wooden scoop on with natural rafia...

customers loved them...bath salts that fizzed and bubbled and smelled soooo good...

Ok- so after my big quest for local Citric Acid and finally getting my hands on some- I dove right in and tried to make some shower soother type aroma bombs. No skin conditioning oils needed, just a fizz to disperse the aroma. You see- when I mentioned to my family that i'd like to make them some bath bombs they all said 'Oh....gee I dont really take baths, I prefer to shower.' So I thought i'd try something with Eucalyptus to ease congestion, wake you up, etc. Everything went beautifully- no major fizz triggers, good consistency, popped RIGHT OUT of molds (ice cube trays)- I let my daughter make some little pearl shapes using two smallest size measuring spoons- they were too cute--just perfect. All of it! I was sooo excited:D . Well I thought i'd get smart and do what I'd read SOME but not all people around here do... put them in the oven to dry to prevent crumbling. Because everything else went right, that's all there was left to go wrong.......right? WRONG. Lol. With in ten minutes( in a probably too warm oven) I checked on them and you couldn't even tell they were ever separate peices and not one big bumpy mass. :mad:

But alas- I am an optimist and a stubborn one at that. So I checked to see if they still fizzed by breaking a peice off and running some water in my hand and it did... so I smunched it all up back into powder and chunk form and put it in a jar and gave hubby and daughter a cooling Eucalyptus foot bath, lol. It works! I then wondered if any one else recycles theirs in that way and if it can be done with out being looked at funny, lol.:yes: -- I'm so glad to see i'm not alone! I love this board!!!!!:cheesy2:

When I first started I had many batches wart, crack or fall apart and was so frustrated with the waste soooooo came up with this idea...smash them all up and mixed with sea salt and some sls (if that's the right abbrev....it's the gentler foaming/bubbling additive) packaged in clear plastic jars and tied a wooden scoop on with natural rafia...

customers loved them...bath salts that fizzed and bubbled and smelled soooo good...

I do this and call 'em 'bombed bath bombs' LOL.

Warting is caused by too much FO, coloring or water. Try cutting down on all of those and then give it a try.

I just had a whole batch of Get Fresh wart on me last week - so I feel your pain!

Now I don't feel so bad, having the Queen of the Bath Bombs getting warting!! LOL

I used less liquid than usual, don't know what happened. Thanks for all your help, will try again at a later date.