Economy shopping bags?

7Angela7

I'm geting ready to do a show, and since I am spending so much money for supplies & everything, I'm trying to minimize any kind of costs if I can. I wanted the frosty shopping bags, but don't want to spend $60 right now if I don't have to. What else would be a good economy bag to get me by for right now? I was thinking about these http://www.papermart.com/templates/page.asp?PAGE=77-0-30 (slot handled bags). Do you think these will do for now, or any other suggestions?

Thanks - I appreciate it!!

Guest EMercier

You ever think about the kraft bags for right now? I think they are a little less expensive. Whenever I dont do anything big, I get them from Michael's for $5.99/13. They had a sale a while ago and they were $3.99. Also, if people are giving as gifts, they keep it in the bag. At least that's what they have done with the ones I've given.

Here is a less expensive bag. Fast shipping and the price is right.

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_5556.asp

Yah, I was checking those bags out at Uline and the ones at Papermart. The Uline bags are .6 mil and the Papermart bags are 3 mil. I would definitely go for the ones at Uline for now if they were to hold up. Have you used these before Terri?

You ever think about the kraft bags for right now? I think they are a little less expensive. Whenever I dont do anything big, I get them from Michael's for $5.99/13. They had a sale a while ago and they were $3.99. Also, if people are giving as gifts, they keep it in the bag. At least that's what they have done with the ones I've given.

Yes, I've thought about kraft bags - anything that will hold up & not look tacky. I've basically just been searching the web though, and the kraft bags I've seen are almost just as much as the frosty bags. I'll check out Michael's and see what they have - the $3.99 would work, but for $5.99 for 13 is a little pricey :undecided

I really like those bags in the link. :)

Geesh, another expenditure I hadn't even thought of!! :eek: I swear, I'm gonna go BEYOND broke before I even sell one item. :eek: LOL

I'm hoping to do a show in November (the biggest one we have in our town) but I'm freakin' out about spending all this money to do so. :undecided

I recently ordered the kraft paper shopping bags with handles from U-Line. Fast shipping! They arrived the next day. They will also send you free samples of items if you call them. The bags seem very durable and well constructed. You do have to order 250 of them though.

I wanted to personalize my bags so that other people would notice them at craft fairs when my customers were carrying them around, and want to stop by my booth. What I did was stamp both sides with my company stamp (name, address, website), and then decorated one side with grape-vine theme rubber stamps and paints (only because they were the stamps I already had). They turned out really cute - kinda "country" looking. I think people might re-use them as a gift bag too, which would mean free advertising for my company. You could also use stencils to decorate the bags. It is kind of time-consuming, so this idea is really for people with more time than money. Most of the time it feels like I have neither:tongue2:

Gee, I was going to be cheap and use the plastic grocery-type bags at my craft fair. Now that I have read all these posts, I'm rethinking this. I like the idea of white kraft bags ... could put my labels on the bag. Then again, there's the money issue. If only I could win the lottery to finance my candle obsession!!!:rolleyes2

Yah, I was checking those bags out at Uline and the ones at Papermart. The Uline bags are .6 mil and the Papermart bags are 3 mil. I would definitely go for the ones at Uline for now if they were to hold up. Have you used these before Terri?

I use these all the time. They don't have the cardboard in the bottom like the frosted ones, (I use these as well) but they will suffice for everyday use. You could cut up some of your used boxes if you want to give the bottom some extra strength. You can't beat the price for a colored bag.