Room/Linen/Body Spray?

pdevine

Wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes. For those of you that make Room/Linen/Body spray's, do you color them? I am going to make up some Room Spray for the holidays and am using clear bottles and I can't decide if I should color them or not. Any suggestions? TIA Portia

for body sprays I color them..and I use a base

for linen/room sprays ..which I have not made in a long time..I use aluminum bottles because you can add more FO and not worry about it being cloudy...again using a base.

I have also done the water/witch hazel/FO thing and..I have to say the bases are much better and hold the scent longer.. I did a test on my living room curtains..sprayed one with the mix...and on the other side of the room I used the base..and the base kept it scent longer.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. What do you find are your best selling fragrances in Room/Linen and Body Spray? I have a couple in mind, but need a few more scents. What I have so far is:

Room/Linen Spray

Apple Cinnamon

Potpourri Spice

Nag Champa

Body Spray

Sweet Pea

Crystal Blue Waters

Cucumber Cantaloupe

Gardenia

Tibetian Amber

Any other suggestions? TIA Portia

Even though it would be pretty, I'd be wary of adding colors to a spray because of fabric staining.

That's why I quite adding color to my room spray. I had a customer complain ther were spots on her fabric car seats. She wasen't mad and I did have a warning on the label. Since that one complaint I pulled any colored room spray off the shelf and now only make un-colored.

I use clear bottles and if the FO makes the spray to dark I put the fabric staining warning on those.

I'll just toss in my opinion as a customer since I don't make this stuff.

As a customer the first thing that would go through my mind at first sight of a colored spray is that i would wonder if it would or think/assume that it would stain certain things. (ok FIRST i'd think -'oh how pretty... but'- lol) I probably wouldn't bother the salesperson to ask if I wasn't sure. I'd just pass. If you are able to be real hands on, and you are confident enough about the product to say to each customer- 'don't worry that won't stain.' Then it's your choice, but I'd say not to color it. You just can't be explaining things all the time. I think products should sell themselves in that way. Good luck!

• 5 years later...