Cheapest and BEST FO

justrightcandles

In my experience, you get what you pay for. :wink2:

Steer clear of ebay listings, and classified ads that do not list the supplier.

These types of sales might seem too good to be true, because they are in most cases.

You can get decent priced, single note scents pretty inexpensively.

But complex, more unique oils are more expensive. Unless you blend them yourself. Get a couple sampler packs from different suppliers and decide what works best for you.

Check the Supplier sale section for the latest sales.

Candlemaking is certainly not a "cheap" hobby, trust me.

Read supplier reviews. That will give you a starting point. When I started this, I didn't have a lot of money to invest, so I researched before making my first purchases. Read the reviews on various boards to narrow your choices, then buy sampler packs from a few suppliers and start testing.

Visit the fragrance section of the board....But remember what works for someone else may not work for you. Not everyone uses the same wax (formulation), additives, colors, wicks, etc.

But feel free to use the fragrance section as a guide on where to order samples.

You can use the search button to search for candle related things...

here are a few links to start you off...

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30789&highlight=candle+source

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23571&highlight=candle+source

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22316&highlight=candle+source

There are more...I typed Candle Source in the search field.

i use the oils in 100% soy and i have not had any problems with getting a wonderful throw.

love their

country bumpkin, apple butter, brandied fruit, buttered rum, relaxation, soothing lavender, pumpkin/vanilla, strawberry/banana, coffee caramel cream, vicks vapor rub type-smells just like vicks, great for sinuses.

This is the fragrance section of the board; it's titled "Fragrance Discussion".

I agree with carol k ... The Candle Source is a wonderful supplier ... great quality, prices, and customer service. Besides the scents already mentioned, I love Fresh Cut Roses, Clothes Line, J&J Bedtime Bath, Starfruit & Mango, Sunwashed Linen (I put these in my spring/summer line). I'm testing fall/winter scents now. :D

I would also suggest that you check out Indiana Candle Supply. :grin2:

I also buy from Candle Chem off of ebay and have got some very good oils from there. I can't remember right off hand which ones I have bought since there are so many I have tried but I do buy alot from here and from Loren at candlesource. One thing I like about Candle chem is that if you buy 6 of the 2 oz. scents shipping is free and they ship just as quick as Loren does from what my experiences have been with them. I like this option since I only buy my seasonal scents normally in the 2 oz. sizes. I don't carry alot of seasonals so it works out great for me and I know that if I need something from them if I happen to run out, I can just pick me out 6-2oz. bottles and don't have to worry about paying the shipping! That works out for me!