Label Wording

Pam

When doing labels for your candles, do you place hand poured or handcrafted anywhere on your labels. I was thinking of adding this to my label to let people know that I made the candles, and not just purchasing and trying to re-sell. There are so many people out there who would think this at craft shows, and unless it is there in plan site they just assume you didn't make them, because there seem to be so many things at craft shows that are resell items, not handcrafted. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Thank you

Pam F

When doing labels for your candles, do you place hand poured or handcrafted anywhere on your labels. I was thinking of adding this to my label to let people know that I made the candles, and not just purchasing and trying to re-sell. There are so many people out there who would think this at craft shows, and unless it is there in plan site they just assume you didn't make them, because there seem to be so many things at craft shows that are resell items, not handcrafted. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Thank you

Pam F

Any craft shows I have been to or been in state all items must be hand made, they do not allow non hand made items unless like a tart burner in a gift set but not by itself.

I put 'hand poured' on my lables. I have a booth at a craft mall and I think a lot of people there purchase things to re-sell. Plus, I put a lot of work into those candles so I want EVERYBODY to know that I did it. People sound suprised when I say I make them in my kitchen. Like it didn't even occur to them that could be done that way.:)

Hand poured on mine. I have seen the surprised look when I tell people I actually make these candles. It's funny.

Candle Man, you must be very fortunate to have never been in or to a bad show. Not all of us have such a wonderful nose for success - we sometimes learn the hard way. I've run into resellers at shows and I quickly cross that show off my list.