My first layered soap

CareBear

OK, here it is.

The top and bottom have no FO, but were made with condensed GM in place of all the water.

The middle was made with half & half for the liquid and wiht the Peak Crack Cocaine (aka Coconut Banana Blast) FO at 2X the level I meant to use it (thus 1.4 oz ppo!!). The FO discolores to such a rich dark brown it's almost black - and I love it!

BTW, I recommend AGAINST using milk for ALL the liquid for the very first time while also layering for the first time and with very small batches to begin with!

post-3683-139458407838_thumb.jpg

yea it does look like an inside out peanut butter cup (which is the closest we'll be getting since DS is allergic to peanuts!).

I planed some of the bars down to take out bubbles (mid-section thickened up MUCH too fast!) and the shavings look ultra cool!

The goats milk portion turned kinda a caramel color. I used the evaporated GM for ALL the liquid, and that was rough to get the lye into. I think I'll stick with powdered going in super concentrated at thin trace next time instead - this was too hard!

Or if you want you can use half water and half the evaporated GM. I was going for a super rich batch!

Great look

Those calories aren't absorbed through the skin are they:wink2:

Mari

Nice looking soaps CG. I thought I would choke on the crack comment. :laugh2:

They only absorb through the ass and hip region. If you avoid washing with them in those area's you should be okay I think.

I LOVE the colors.....very nice job! It looks like a peanut butter cup.....mmmmmmmm!

great comparison, it looks exactly like those. lol

i have been holding off on trying to layer until i get a slab mold, but after seeing these, it think i may try it out soon in my log mold.