Damn, this bug sucks

dcroome2005

I ventured into mp soaps a few months ago and fell in love. Then got into Massage oils, sugar scrubs, shower gels and body butter.

Tonight- I just ordered my first CP kit and stuff for bath bombs. Ummm I think I should have listened when you all told me this would become addicting.

Candles??? What is that?? I only make them to test new oils but now it's all about bath and body.

I am scared SH*Tless of this cp stuff, but I have Tara here in Florida who is gonna teach me a little while I am down here ( as long as hurricane stays away). Then I have Grumpy Girl who I can go visit in KY to help me. Anyone in VA? I will probably get the cp kit and it will sit there for ages before I get the nerve to mess with it. Lye scares the crap out of me!

Bath bombs are gonna be fun. I just will be the cleanest lady in VA Beach after all this going on!

Ok- sorry to ramble, just wanted to share what I am getting into. Wish me luck!!! ( I WILL NEED IT)

Christina

No kidding, it does suck! My house is a jumbled up mess of boxes. I feel like a kid with the worst ADD ever. Boxes of "stuff" everywhere. Soon as I look at the pics in the gallery, I'm off ordering. I think I have everything I need to do a batch of cp but keep getting sidetracked. My sister and friends have told me to clean my damn house! When will a rational mind return?? I'm also bathing 3 times a day to try out new things. Is there a support group for this? A 12-step program??

I'm currently holding sign ups for the "Newly Addicated to Soap Class".. I offer several different tutorials... such as:

1) How to get the hubby to wash the dishes so you can use the counter space

2) How to get the kids to pick up their toys so you don't trip while moving molds

3) How to get the hubby to watch cartoons with the children so that you don't get nervous and spill my soap mixtures

I'm thinking of charging $19.99 per person. That should cover a good bit of supplies for me to have more classes :P

Any takers??

Ok... Going to start a second series.. topics include:

1) How to navigate around boxes of FO's, EO's, etc

2) How to actually leave your soaps for 4 weeks to cure (Not that I've done this yet)

3) How to make your soaps change color many many times in the mold (my personal secret!! ;)

4) How to justify 6 showers a day

That's it for the second series... depending on enrollment,, we may make a third :) We'll need Guest Speakers for that one.

I'm currently holding sign ups for the "Newly Addicated to Soap Class".. I offer several different tutorials... such as:

1) How to get the hubby to wash the dishes so you can use the counter space

2) How to get the kids to pick up their toys so you don't trip while moving molds

3) How to get the hubby to watch cartoons with the children so that you don't get nervous and spill my soap mixtures

I'm thinking of charging $19.99 per person. That should cover a good bit of supplies for me to have more classes :P

Any takers??

Yeah, when I marry :laugh2:

Darwin!! I would sympathize, but I have my own hell (of a mess) and addiction that doesn't seem curable.