What sort of 'look' of soap are you going for this fall/Christmas?

SoapInTheCity

What kind of look are you going for this fall or Christmas? Besides the typical green, red and white soaps? santa cool

I really like the look of Brenda's Neopolitan soap with a pink, white and brown layer, actually representing 'neopolitan ice-cream'.

What kind of Fall, Christmas candy or food, could you make into a soap whether it's layered or swirled.

I have a few Christmas FO's to make into soap.

Hot Apple Pie -layered - small layer -light brown for the 'crust', yellowy orangy thick layer for pie, whipped soap layer for whip Cream.

Peppermint EO - definately will make it a red/white swirl like a candy cane

Wintergreen FO, Egg Nog, Gingerbread, Kahlua, Irish Cream

Any other ideas for Christmas soaps?

the egg nog soap could be a nice natural creamy color and then sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg or a light swirl on the top only....

or you could just make your packaging to look like mini presents and keep your bars in their normal scheme....or pakage in little stockings "stocking stuffers"

or make circle soaps and place them on a tray to look like santa's cookies...you could decorate the cp soap with mp for "icing" or a little color stripes like the do on the chocolate candies

or find some individual soap molds that are christmasy....like bells or stockings, etc

or you could make a "yule log" a swirled cylinder soap...which could be even further decorated to your imagination and sliced at the shows (if you are doing any)

if you have jewish customers you might want to consider hanukah (sp?) like star of david soaps...you could find a stamp or even carve it into the soap....or a menorah (sp?)

speaking of stamps you could probably find plenty of christmasy shapes in wood and make your own stamps......

there are a gazillion things you could do...just takes some time and creativity!!! get to thinkin" and post what you come up with!

For the fundraiser and teachers I am doing

brown sugar & fig with a swirl IF it will let me

Black Raspberry with a double layer and swirl

Country Clothesline with a blue swirl

Just Plain Sexy (my custom blend) with a layer and swirl

OMH with a double layer

Spicy Apples n Peaches with either a layer of peach and red or a natural with a red swirl

Vanilla Bean Noel natural

I'm thinking I"ll make more liquid soap than anything else I've finally managed to get the glitter to mix and so I might add that to some of the shower gel for those who party hop and like that sort of thing. I normally stay away from food scents other than an occasional fruit. It won't be any different for christmas. Most peoples homes are already filled with the fragrance of food either from cooking or lighting candles. I just wanna wash that turkey-pumpkin pie-I've been cooking all day smell away!..:laugh2: oh I think a gingerbread soap would be nice for the kiddies and for the grown and sexy ..ahhh something for those cuddly nights by the fire or..when going to bed smelling like a pie isn't quite what you're going for..:laugh2:

Just gonna swirl a little for the bar soaps....not too much red and green with anything..gold, silver and white are the colors I will use in one thing or another.

For autumn, I do Apple Jack soap, Spicy Apples & Peaches, and Pumpkin Spice. I do them in earthy, rustic colors, so I generally use oxides to achieve that fall look. The AJ is a burgundy/deep wine color, the SA&P is a rusty peach color with reddish marbling, and the pumpkin is a brownish orange (like the color of pumpkin pie filling) and textured on top. I sprinkle a little spice on the bars as well.

For Christmas? Yikes, I've done lots of different things. Gingerbread, Orange Spice, Mistletoe, Christmas Tree, and Cinnamon Buns. Again, I go for warm, homey looking bars. Usually kind of rustic. But for the C'mas Tree one I do a cream-colored bar with green swirls.

I do peppermint soaps with the snowflake mold from WSP with glitter sprinkled in the bottom before I pour and also mixed into the soap..just using a white soap base..no color.

however, I think this year having my booth I will add a scent or two as well.. not sure which ones yet..but I am looking for a frosty look..so maybe a pale pale pink with pink sugar..and a pale pale green with eucalyptus..dunna yet.

Love the spice idea though..since I am going to some logs and cut them with my wavy cutter that might be a thought..for the holiday spicy scents..mmm..can almost smell gingerbread

The pink sugar in M&P might start out pink but it will turn brown so you might try a bar or two now to see what the results will be in a month or so.

:tongue2: Yuck..thanks for the heads up...going to make a few next week so I will have time to see what they do before I put them in my booth.