Another Wickless Question

gingerinarkansas

I know this has been discussed before....for those of you who have store fronts and websites and everyone else too....are wickless selling well or do you anticipate them being big sellers through the holidays? It would be nice to pour something that required simple testing and thought about adding wickless. I use wickless for myself but then, that's me... too lazy to stike a match. Ginger

It is a container candle minus the wick that you use on a warmer. The warmer melts the wax just like the wick would melt a wicked candle. The wax doesn't evaporate so once your scent is gone, you dump it out. I have seen sites that sell scented refresher oils to add once scent is gone... Not sure if it works or just another money maker. Hope that answers your question. Maybe others know more than I have mentioned. I'm still learning too. Ginger

It is a container candle minus the wick that you use on a warmer. The warmer melts the wax just like the wick would melt a wicked candle. The wax doesn't evaporate so once your scent is gone, you dump it out. I have seen sites that sell scented refresher oils to add once scent is gone... Not sure if it works or just another money maker. Hope that answers your question. Maybe others know more than I have mentioned. I'm still learning too. Ginger

Yes it works, it's like, us the candle maker, adding scent to the wax when we make candles. Refresher oils is a great way to still use a wickless candle after the scent has burned up. I suggest to my customers to use the same scent as the candle, any other scent may mix with any scent left in the candle and have a different scent.

• 9 months later...
Yes it works, it's like, us the candle maker, adding scent to the wax when we make candles. Refresher oils is a great way to still use a wickless candle after the scent has burned up. I suggest to my customers to use the same scent as the candle, any other scent may mix with any scent left in the candle and have a different scent.

Are you sure candleman? Isn't there a point where it won't hold any more oil? Is there a point where it will become a fire hazard?

What are you using as you refresher oil? The same fo you put in it?

My thought process on this is the wax will only hold so much without seeping. BUT just like a candle once the scent has burned off, the FO is no longer in the wax. If this is the case, then there is no reason that more oil can't be added. Also isn't an FO flammable if its in direct contact with heat that is higher than the flashpoint? Its diluted in the wax and not coming in direct contact with heat that high. I guess I am just thinking if a flame on a candle doesn't get hot enough to do it, a candle warmer won't either.

I personally would stick with a flatter tin or jar. The wax is going to heat from the bottom up before you get a scent throw vs. a candle that is melting from the top down. You don't want it so deep that it takes forever to break through the wax on top.

i use glass. I just think you need to stick with a quality glass maker. I use fairway with no problems. i wouldn't trust a dollar store glass. JMHO

Dollar stores have the 6 ounce masons which are perfect for wickless. Just dump out that crap wax.

For those asking, I have never heard of anything happening on a candle warmer with a wickless jar. I sell boat loads of them.