Is Whipped Shea Butter ...

Carrie

Is whipped shea butter considered a lotion? I had read the post titled Chocolate...The chocolate scent I have is BCN Hershey Chocolate. I want to use it in a whipped shea but now I'm thinking that because it isn't lotion safe that maybe it isn't safe for "leave on" products. I will send an email to BCN, but wondered about if anyone knew about this.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, it would be considered a product that needs a skin-safe FO, since it is applied and left on the skin. I'm bummed about that dang Hershey's Choco FO - it would be perfect for lotion/bombs, etc. Grrrrrr.

If the bottle says it isn't lotion safe, I wouldn't put it into whipped shea. Or anything you would put on the skin. They should change their labels to NOT SKIN SAFE so its easily identified. Especially if you sell, I would not recommend it. However, you might want to take a small amount out and do a sample for yourself. I guess it would depend on your skin sensitivity.

There has to be someone out there that could give you a lead on a skin safe chocolate scent. Perhaps they will chime in. :smiley2:

I did mix some into 1oz of shea/mango/kokum butter. (A new recipe) I put a little bit on my arms and my sister did too. We'll see. I'll update later. BTW, I emailed BCN about it. I'll let you know what they say.

Scent CellarBelgium Chocolate from ScentWorks is wonderful

Thank you very much Scent Cellar. I'll have to get some of that. Everyone I know wants Chocolate scented shea butter.

I'll keep the BCN FO for my double chocolate shave soap.

Hey Carrie, even if you or your sister don't have a problem with it I still wouldn't sell it if it's not skin safe. I tried doing that once, had a scent that wasn't skin safe but I tested it on myself, I had no problems at all, and my skin if pretty sensitive. So my daughter used it and she was beet red after slathering her entire body with it. She had to jump back in the shower and wash it off. Learned my lesson after that, if it doesn't say "skin safe" I don't even mess with it, it's not worth it. I have the Belgium Chocolate on it's way, so I'll let you know how it does. Heard it was the best.

Welllllllll Carrie, you made me go look at my order to see what I actually did order and I'm not very happy with myself. I see I only got a sniffie of the Belgium Chocolate, which does me no good at all, it's only good for a sniff. It's been so hectic around here I can't even get my order right. I'm not going to re-order just for that so I guess I'll just wait and see what you think when you get yours, so please let me know how you like it. The ones I did order were: Got the reviews from the Soap Dish.

Rice Flower & Shea

Fresh Sugar Cane

London Lemon Curd

White Peach

Coconut Lime Verbena

Black Raspberry & Vanilla

I got these sniffies, heard they were all good:

Vaniglia del Madagascar

Mango Lassi

Belgian Chocolate

Fata Morgana

Satsuma Guava

Lilac, True

I'll get my order together tomorrow. Want me to order some of the belgian chocolate for you? Shipping from me to you would be way cheap. I was going to order 8oz, if you want 8oz I'll split a pound with you. It won't make any difference on my shipping for just an extra 8oz. Let me know, if I don't hear from you I'll pm you again.

I received an email back from BCN. Here is the reply.

If it is not listed as lotion safe it is only safe in products that are rinsed

from the skin and used in water. We have a GREAT hot cocoa scent that would be perfect to use in those however that is lotion safe :)

Now we know of 1 more Chocolate FO that is safe in Lotion.