Bnc, Peak's Pink sugar

melissa1955

we bought the perfume to compare side by side with BCN's and it was incredible. it throws very well in soy and paraffin, plus it works great in cyclo with a little FCO or rice bran.

we tried WSP's but it had a sour note and too much citrus...in cyclo it looked like someone threw up...it was really gross.

has anyone ever tried to make lotion with peak's pink sugar? i tried it, with no color, and a week or so later, it would turn into a dark sort of brownish pink color. is this supposed to happen? or did i do something wrong? i originally wanted to make it dye free, but do you think if i tried food coloring in pink, that it would still turn that color? thanks for any input, and i LOVE peak's pink sugar scent! very strong with candles too, hot and cold! sorry if this was what you call hijacking.

has anyone ever tried to make lotion with peak's pink sugar? i tried it, with no color, and a week or so later, it would turn into a dark sort of brownish pink color. is this supposed to happen? or did i do something wrong? i originally wanted to make it dye free, but do you think if i tried food coloring in pink, that it would still turn that color? thanks for any input, and i LOVE peak's pink sugar scent! very strong with candles too, hot and cold! sorry if this was what you call hijacking.

Yep, I use Peak's as well, it's a best seller in B&B AND Candles for me, and the reason it changes color to a brown is b/c of the vanilla in it, most all vanilla FO's will change B&B items to brown, unless you get a special stabilizer especially for your application.

I for one kind of like the color it takes on, especially if I color it pink, it turns this really pretty pinkish/brown color.

No one has ever complained about it. ;)

Yep, I use Peak's as well, it's a best seller in B&B AND Candles for me, and the reason it changes color to a brown is b/c of the vanilla in it, most all vanilla FO's will change B&B items to brown, unless you get a special stabilizer especially for your application.

I for one kind of like the color it takes on, especially if I color it pink, it turns this really pretty pinkish/brown color.

No one has ever complained about it. ;)

thanks!! that's what i figured. i didn't think it was so bad either, but i gave some to a friend of mine to test after making my first batch, which was white when i first gave it to her. then she kind of freaked out when it turned brownish pink a week or so later, lol.