464 lost its throw halfway through the candle

It sounds like you have too big of a wick and you are burning the wax too fast. Try a smaller wick.

jason

Hi Jason,

I've read through all the testing threads and if I missed this info, I apologize. What are the manufacturers recommended wicks for this wax? Are there any?

Thanks!!

Hi Jason,

I've read through all the testing threads and if I missed this info, I apologize. What are the manufacturers recommended wicks for this wax? Are there any?

Thanks!!

Hi Denise,

Since Jason has previously informed me that he is not a "wick person", I thought I'd let you know what I have found out so far.....the self-trimming types of wicks DO NOT work well w/this wax. I do however, have good luck w/the LX's, but only w/my smaller jars (1.5oz and 4oz). I am going to test my RRD's, 'cause that is what I have here. I know that someone else on here had mentioned CD's or Cotton/Paper core wicks.

HTH

Hi Denise,

Since Jason has previously informed me that he is not a "wick person", I thought I'd let you know what I have found out so far.....the self-trimming types of wicks DO NOT work well w/this wax. I do however, have good luck w/the LX's, but only w/my smaller jars (1.5oz and 4oz). I am going to test my RRD's, 'cause that is what I have here. I know that someone else on here had mentioned CD's or Cotton/Paper core wicks.

HTH

eco wicks are self trimming, right? Im going to have to look through my odds and ends wick box and see what else I have. I tried cd 14 and 12 and both seemed too big for my 8 oz sq mason.

I had noticed this problem when I was only curing my testers for 48-72 hours. now 1 cure 1-2 weeks and I've notice that this does not happen as much. I get a really good burn from CD wicks btw. Good luck!

Lili

Hi Denise,

HTH

Hi Sheri,

and thanks for the info. I do have CDs and cotton core so I'll try them when my wax gets here. I usually use the HTPs in my KY PB, but I'd like to be able to offer a 100% soy candle.

Thanks again!