Need Daystar reviews

AngelaVA

I am looking to place a sampler order with Daystar. I've fantasy shopped there before, but never actually bought anything, lol. But here is what I'm looking at, so any reviews would be great. I want to get two samplers - 10 total. Help me narrow down and feel free to suggest must-haves. Thanks!!

Bird of Paradise

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies

Buttercreme Frosting

Creme de la Creme

Mulled Spices & Cider

Paradise

Peach Jam Cheesecake

Pink Grapefruit & Sugar Cane

Raspberries & White Roses

Stone-Washed Coton

Wildflower Lane

Brown Sugar & Fig

Kitchen Spice

Vanille Abricot

Vaniglia de Madagascar

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - the only fo ever that's made me gag...couldn't get past that :)

Buttercreme Frosting - yumm!!!! wonderful in b&b too

Mulled Spices & Cider - great in cp soap but light in candles

Paradise - amazing in cp soap...have not candled

Stone-Washed Coton - wonderfully strong

Kitchen Spice - wonderful

Vaniglia de Madagasca - use this for candles and SW's for B&B

HTH! Jen

Thanks for all the reviews. I'm excited to place an order. Feels kinda like Christmas, lol.

So, is the Stone-Washed Cotton similiar at all to Yank's Clean Cotton? Is it similiar to anything else you've smelled from another supplier? I don't want the CC that has that floral note in the background, like Mc High Cotton. I already have that. Thanks

The only one on your list I've tried is Kitchen Spice- and it's yummy!!

The two others I would suggest (I've only tried tried a few from there) would be the B&BW dupe of Honey and Shea and then Purple Mist. They're both great and do well in candles and b&B for me. If you want a suggestion of what not to get, stay away from Watermelon Martini. Doesn't smell like watermelon anything- smells like dirty feet/socks to me-lol

The only one on your list I've tried is Kitchen Spice- and it's yummy!!

The two others I would suggest (I've only tried tried a few from there) would be the B&BW dupe of Honey and Shea and then Purple Mist. They're both great and do well in candles and b&B for me. If you want a suggestion of what not to get, stay away from Watermelon Martini. Doesn't smell like watermelon anything- smells like dirty feet/socks to me-lol

thanks, lol. I definitely want to stay away from anything that smells like dirty feet :D

OMG Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies..A MUST!

I bought a pound of it at the Texas conference and it is already gone..not just in wax sitting on my shelf this one flew out to wholesale accounts and regular customers. My wholesale accounts have already called placing orders for more because they are out!

she just had a 25% off sale so i stocked up on the ones i use regularlay from her.

UnBois Vanille ---YUMMMMMYYYY!!

Pink Sugar -- GREAT!

Ultimate Vanilla --- another YUMMO one!

i also got 2 samplers:

Good Lookin' Cowboy -- very sexy...dh just greeted me this am after having used the tester of lotion i made....yum!

Wrangler Butts....eh, not to sure

Hey, hey, cute cabana boy....nice, but not too masucline.

Honey & Shea....very nice in lotion

Indescribable....eh, not sure yet

Pure Indulgence....have it in lotion, but haven't used it yet...nice OOB

Starry Eyes....so-so

Creame Bouquet -- a bit floraly

Vanille Mokha...GREAT in a cocoa butter cream that i made the other day...really brings out the chocolate smell of the CB

Wood Coffee...not usre about this one...it's so-so OOB

LOL on the Starry Eyes. I go back and forth on that one. Then again I did that with any of the FOs I've gotten from her, sooooooooo

I thought I would try some more ;P (Turquoise, Hunter's Moon, Mimosa Breeze and more BJC <- all of which I put back at the TCC - > )

A good description will likely hook me every time :rolleyes2 And I was trying to behave.

Daystar's Buttercream Frosting is the absolute best out there! It is scrumptious! You will stop looking for the perfect one, after you try this one.

The Raspberries & White Roses is a beautiful combination. Really, really nice.

BlackberryJam Butter Cookies: I agree with everyone else : GREAT!

I did not like the Creme de la Creme, personally.

Vanilla Bean Noel is awesome!

Vanille Banane is SO Good! I didn't expect to like a banana scent, but this one is great.

Hi everyone,

I've been ordering from Stacy at Daystar for awhile. I started ordering candles and B&B products from Texas Charm and all of her FO's are awesome! I particularly love her Buttercream and Tres Magnifique in her body butters. Her buttercream is the best around! I also recently tried her Better than Sex Cake FO and it is awesome! You really can't go wrong with any of her oils although I haven't tried the Sophistication line yet. Here are some I love:

Buttercream Frosting

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies - awesome

Tres Magnifique - tried in body products - awesome

Spice Market

Lace Gloves - very unique - You can actually smell the tea cakes

Paradise - Very strong - Makes me think of sitting on the beach with a

margarita

Sun Kissed Mangos - great mango scent

Baby Bouquet - great baby powder scent

Better than Sex Cake - new fav of mine

Cake Batter - didn't think I would like but she sent me a free clamshell

pack and it is good! Good bakery scent

Pure Indulgence - very unique scent

Daystar has great oils and Stacy is awesome to work with!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the reviews. I'm excited to place an order. Feels kinda like Christmas, lol.

So, is the Stone-Washed Cotton similiar at all to Yank's Clean Cotton? Is it similiar to anything else you've smelled from another supplier? I don't want the CC that has that floral note in the background, like Mc High Cotton. I already have that. Thanks

To my nose, Stone Washed Cotton doesn't have a floral note. It's just SUPER strong and clean smelling. It smells absolutely wonderful in CP soap. It's my daughter's favorite.

Wood Coffee has awesome cold throw in 100% soy but the hot throw was only fair :undecided It's still a very delicious smelling scent.

Black Vetyver Cafe is TDF in CP.

Cohere de Vahine (you know what I mean, although I know I'm not spelling it right :confused: ) smells light OOB but packs a powerful punch in CP.